Samsung screens are the best period...
    and I will not listen to excuses
    I see the difference between all my phones
    The screens they manufacture are; but the best one they've ever put on a phone is on the iPhone x.
    08-17-2018 05:28 PM
    The screens they manufacture are; but the best one they've ever put on a phone is on the iPhone x.
    Was that because of the screen or iPhones software
    08-17-2018 05:42 PM
    Was that because of the screen or iPhones software
    Yes
    08-17-2018 05:51 PM
    Yes
    Yes to both?

Wondering if the screen was built to a different spec.
    08-17-2018 06:20 PM
    That's not fair...iPhone x has one of the best
    But still Samsung
    Let's see if apple with LG this time around how good it will be.
    08-17-2018 06:21 PM
    other good news 1+6T coming to tmobile October
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    08-17-2018 06:24 PM
    Yes to both?

Wondering if the screen was built to a different spec.
    It was built to Apple specs
    08-17-2018 08:40 PM
    It was built to Apple specs
    I get that it is made to Apple specs but that doesn't necessarily mean an improvement. I'm not sure Apple would know how to make a Samsung screen even better. I would think that they might be able to improve the screen through their software.
    Just my thoughts with no facts to back it up.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-17-2018 09:06 PM
    I get that it is made to Apple specs but that doesn't necessarily mean an improvement. I'm not sure Apple would know how to make a Samsung screen even better. I would think that they might be able to improve the screen through their software.
    Just my thoughts with no facts to back it up.
    I'm sure some software tweaks were involved
    08-17-2018 09:33 PM
    Surprise Google didn't design something better for their 10th anniversary since releasing the G1 Dream. Apple went all out with the X. Samsung has big plans for their 10th. Really hope Google has a top secret 3rd option with perhaps a slightly later release date to explain y nothing has leaked yet. At least a souped up version of Android pie exclusive to the 3 series. I guess one can Dream....
    08-17-2018 09:58 PM
    Surprise Google didn't design something better for their 10th anniversary since releasing the G1 Dream. Apple went all out with the X. Samsung has big plans for their 10th. Really hope Google has a top secret 3rd option with perhaps a slightly later release date to explain y nothing has leaked yet. At least a souped up version of Android pie exclusive to the 3 series. I guess one can Dream....
    A souped version of Pie would go against the grain.
    08-17-2018 10:30 PM
    I'd love a top secret 3rd phone too, but I don't think it'll happen.

I think the Pixel 3/3XL will have certain features that aren't available in the stock android pie rom that other OEM's get. Would have been cool to have a 10 year celebratory thing. Maybe something special on the phones?
    Yesterday 04:28 AM
    I think this whole thread is summed up by what some perceive as a competitive device and also the perception of Google's tepid approach (which I challenge, btw). It reminds my of an article I read last year (which I will post) on who some of you guys think Google should be competing against. Consider this:

"Google also doesn’t want to weaken the platform it worked so hard to create and maintain. With so many Android OEMs already struggling to make money, the arrival of a strong new player could precipitate a wave of exits and consolidation. This could give Samsung and Huawei a stronger bargaining position and Apple even more market share."

also this,

"The worst-case scenario for Google is to become a “real” smartphone maker who competes in earnest not only with Apple, but also with Samsung, Huawei, and all the other Android OEMs. If that happens, the next five years could be very turbulent in the Android world. A conflict with Samsung would be inevitable, as the Korean giant would fight back against Google’s encroachment on its hardware turf. The entire ecosystem could become less diverse, as small players get bought out or simply shut down. Competitors like Amazon or Microsoft could try to swoop back in and offer a tempting alternative to Google’s mobile and AI platforms."

https://www.androidauthority.com/goo...-heres-810729/

So when we are saying these things about the Pixel competing, it just begs the question against who? LG?? Huawei?? Whose customers is it that you guys think they should take in the Android world? What partner should they put pressure on?
    Thankfully someone who gets it.
    Itsa_Me_Mario and DMP89145 like this.
    Yesterday 11:19 PM
538 ... 202122