Google Pixel 3 / 3 XL 2018

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Some more Pixel 3/3 XL leaks: https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/2...eal-notch-stereo-speakers-single-rear-camera/

Article says the 3XL at least might have 6gb ram which is good to hear. Phone design looks ok. Interested to see what the singe rear camera can do.

The article says, "There is no word yet on how much RAM or storage the third-generation Pixel phones will offer, although we would like to see Google equip at least the Pixel 3 XL with 6GB of RAM." It does not say it might have 6 GB, it says they want 6GB. That said, the entire statement is false, because it says, "There is no word yet..." - and there is.

The leak that showed the fastboot screen clearly states the following:

DRAM: 4 GB Micron LPDDR4X (means 4 GB RAM)
UFS: 128 GB Micron (means 128 GB storage option exists)
The baseband version was also included and translates to a SnapDragon 845

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The article says, "There is no word yet on how much RAM or storage the third-generation Pixel phones will offer, although we would like to see Google equip at least the Pixel 3 XL with 6GB of RAM." It does not say it might have 6 GB, it says they want 6GB. That said, the entire statement is false, because it says, "There is no word yet..." - and there is.

The leak that showed the fastboot screen clearly states the following:

DRAM: 4 GB Micron LPDDR4X (means 4 GB RAM)
UFS: 128 GB Micron (means 128 GB storage option exists)
The baseband version was also included and translates to a SnapDragon 845
That was a pre-production model. Might not have the final specs.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
The 4GB RAM leak was based on an early engineering prototype so I wouldn't be surprised if the final model comes with 6GB RAM.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The all glass back would be a deal breaker mainly due to durability issues. Haven't used wireless charging since the Nexus 6 and don't think a glass back makes a phone more premium. I've had phones with soft touch plastic, matte ceramic, anodized aluminum and painted metal that feel more premium than glass.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The all glass back would be a deal breaker mainly due to durability issues. Haven't used wireless charging since the Nexus 6 and don't think a glass back makes a phone more premium. I've had phones with soft touch plastic, matte ceramic, anodized aluminum and painted metal that feel more premium than glass.

Glass isn't premium....justs looks nice when it's clean.... Which isn't for very long. Anyone who thinks it's premium is free to do so but has no lucid argument that can be made. It by far the least durable substance they can use. It might be different if it was a flat panel within a metal frame, however its current form is risky. Damage insurance is a must.

Last edited:

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

LOL!! I know, right? Premium feel! As if.

Function is more important than some ultra subjective term like "premium feel". iPhone created terms like this, with hipsters who use them. I see a ton of iphones looking like they will shred your face and hand if you touch them.

Wireless charging sucks, and I dunno about you, but I am putting mine in a case, to help protect as well as add some surface to grip my phone.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The P3XL will be my next phone, don't care about the notch, doesn't bother me a bit. I'm sure phone will have stellar camera and buttery smooth OS. Don't really want much more.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The P3XL will be my next phone, don't care about the notch, doesn't bother me a bit. I'm sure phone will have stellar camera and buttery smooth OS. Don't really want much more.

I'm on the fence unless I see increased performance improvements over the Pixel 2XL, which is already perfect.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Tis true but for some reason or another, I always seem to upgrade once a year

Same. I'm essentially committed to buying the new pixel every year, and the Nexus devices before that. I have them all in a drawer and it's just cool watching the progression. And having a plethora of back up phones in case I get robbed 5 times in one day 😂

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Reddit poster has made a bunch of size comparisons with the Pixel 3/3 XL to other phones on the market: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixe...s_compared_against/?utm_source=reddit-android

One thing I like about the Pixel 3's that I didn't like about the 2's is that the phones share the same design cues again, similar to how the original Pixels did. Looks like having the one manufacturer for the two phones allows the phones to have the same designs again.

The Pixel 2 had camera to the right of the flash, 2XL had it to the left. P2 had chamfered edges, 2XL didn't. 2XL had curved glass, 2 didn't. P2XL had curved screen corners, 2 had square corners etc. I know HTC manufactured the 2 and LG manufactured the 2XL and the different designs came off as sloppy. Glad they're fixing that this year, and especially glad that LG won't be manufacturing the phone this year. Hopefully FIH Foxxcon can manufacture a stellar phone.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the regular Pixel 3 will be at my sweet spot. Not sure I can deal w/ the size of the XL and the notch would drive my OCD crazy. Are their plans for this to be a Verizon release again? I've had an upgrade to burn for years as I got my Pixel and 6P through Google. I would rather subsidize this rather than fork out almost a G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae