Google Pixel 3 / 3 XL 2018

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I don't think it'll be 6.7", or at least I hope not. I think Antutu just screwed up with those results. It also said there were 3 front facing speakers, when we can see there are only just two.

Yes, Antutu's results contradicts itself - it can't be 6.7" and also be 494 PPI. It's either 6.3" and 494 or it is 6.7" and 491. As indicated in the post linked above, it is almost certainly closer to the 6.3" value, based on other information that has been publicly leaked, etc.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Antutu's results contradicts itself - it can't be 6.7" and also be 494 PPI. It's either 6.3" and 494 or it is 6.7" and 491. As indicated in the post linked above, it is almost certainly closer to the 6.3" value, based on other information that has been publicly leaked, etc.

6.3" is easier for me to take than 6.7". I feel like it's something along the lines of, "If it's 6.3", maybe I can hold it and get used to it;" whereas 6.7" is, "It won't fit in my hands or in my purse compartments." 🤣

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Could it be the Pixel Ultra...too many things contradict the possibility. Could Google have a 3rd phone up their sleeves and if so do you think it will leak before Apple releases their next 3 phones?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Could it be the Pixel Ultra...too many things contradict the possibility. Could Google have a 3rd phone up their sleeves and if so do you think it will leak before Apple releases their next 3 phones?

I'd hate to speculate on anything like that at the moment

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I feel like we would have seen more substantial leaks of the ultimate Pixel if there was...

Also, I don't think Google is ready for three tiers when they can barely get two right.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I feel like we would have seen more substantial leaks of the ultimate Pixel if there was...

Also, I don't think Google is ready for three tiers when they can barely get two right.

I agree with your first point.

To your second point regardlesd of what they can get right or wrong, I think they would be better suited to deliver a mid or low end model than 3 high priced phones

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree with your first point.

To your second point regardlesd of what they can get right or wrong, I think they would be better suited to deliver a mid or low end model than 3 high priced phones

I think if they do three tiers, that would certainly be the better way. A mid-ranger, and two premium options that are the same except for battery and screen size.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Oh wow! That could totally be possible! How exciting!

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
It has one major difference.....it does not work on carriers like Verizon
Other notable differences are software not created by Google, software is a forked version of Android, does not receive the same speed or duration or quality of updates, is not as secure as a Nexus, does not protect user privacy as much as a Nexus, not for sale through the Google store, not designed in partnership with Google to show off Google software, etc, etc.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I'd be very surprised if we see a Pixel Ultra.

If Apple makes 3 phones this year, then yes we can expect Google to make 3 phones next year, but until the market leader moves, Google won't follow.

And you're right about the 'barely get two right's comment. It still blows my mind that Google's Pixel phones have different designs between the large and small versions.

Pixel/Pixel XL were fine because they had the exact same deisgn, just different sizes.

Pixel 2/2XL had drastically different designs with different bezels, screen quality, screen corners, camera placement, beveled edges etc. It was a mess tbh.

Pixel 3/3XL look like they're much more similar to one another but still have notch vs no notch. I don't understand why they can't make the designs the same.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Other notable differences are software not created by Google, software is a forked version of Android, does not receive the same speed or duration or quality of updates, is not as secure as a Nexus, does not protect user privacy as much as a Nexus, not for sale through the Google store, not designed in partnership with Google to show off Google software, etc, etc.

They all use our privacy..
You really need to try out the 1+6 , you'll see what I'm talking about