Pixel 3 and 3XL if the Leak is real

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Mod note: Moved from Pixel 2 forum to Rumored Device forum, pending Pixel 3 forum creation.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I'll bite on the speculation, for the sake of discussion.

I think the P3 would look okay, the XL ... well.. mixed. I'm not a fan of notches, though like the headphone jack, would probably get over it somewhat quickly if I was interested in the XL version. The camera location and the top speaker in the notch on the XL would be a little troubling.

If the smaller P3 comes out something like that in the actual release, I'm a buyer.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am totally OK with this design.

But then again, I'm not a soldier in the war against bezels.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am totally OK with this design.

But then again, I'm not a soldier in the war against bezels.
I don't understand the hatred of bezels. They help you have somewhere to hold the phone. I think they don't look too bad. Maybe I used iPhones for too long. I prefer a bezel to a notch ANY day.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I would stick with my Pixel 2 XL until Pixel 4 comes out if there are notches.
If the Pixel 3 XL will have a notch then so will the Pixel 4 XL. Android P is made for phones with Notches. Unless Android Q will be made with no Notches in mind. Google likes following iCrap. This is so disappointing!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
If the Pixel 3 XL will have a notch then so will the Pixel 4 XL. Android P is made for phones with Notches. Unless Android Q will be made with no Notches in mind. Google likes following iCrap. This is so disappointing!
Hopefully tech may move on enough to remove the need for a notch by the time the P4 comes around. Here is hoping.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind the notch on my 2, but nothing in the "leak" makes me want to jump. Two front cameras? Yawn. Two main cameras, maybe, to increase the dynamic range even further. But HDR+ seems to be pretty good.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I think it's hilarious! If these leaks are true the Pixel 3 XL is truly hideous looking but the Pixel 3 itself looks decent.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think it's hilarious! If these leaks are true the Pixel 3 XL is truly hideous looking but the Pixel 3 itself looks decent.

If you turn the notch off it would look pretty much like the Pixel 2XL does now running P, except the notifications would be up higher.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Love the Pixel 3 look. If it's the same size as my Pixel 2 with small bezels, a 5.5" 18:9 display and the same internals as the 3 XL I'm down for the smaller one for sure. A battery size bump would be nice too.

mcostajr

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I can only hope the renders of the 3XL are false. The notch looks hideous and there seems to be no point to trying to grab a little extra screen real estate at the top corners of the phone if you're going to have a sizable chin at the bottom. This set up does nothing to improve the user experience. IF this render is accurate, then all the vision and forward thinking Google puts into Android does not appear to extend to their hardware. They might as well partner with Apple for their hardware.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Pixel design is clearly following. It looks to never be a leader in some new design or tech. It just seems to be a step back. The smaller Pixel 3 looks better than the Pixel XL 3. If I had a Pixel XL 3, I'd toggle the software to remove the notch, first thing!

I have the original Pixel and still see no reason to upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance