10-13-2018 04:37 AM
61 123
tools
    Was considering the 3XL this year in place of the Note as my daily.
    Not seeing anything yet that makes me want to make the move. Will see in a couple of months.
    06-11-2018 04:06 AM
    Pixel really needs to up the ram to 6gb especially since most flagships are going that way and we are paying a premium.
    06-12-2018 04:26 PM
    Pixel really needs to up the ram to 6gb especially since most flagships are going that way and we are paying a premium.
    To solve what problem?
    06-12-2018 05:46 PM
    What about the iPhone X? 3gb of ram ...
    06-12-2018 09:40 PM
    What about the iPhone X? 3gb of ram ...
    The iPhone X has 6 pieces of .5gb of RAM. And because it has 6, that means it has more than the pixel and is future proof like every single other flagship phone except the pixel. /s
    DMP89145 likes this.
    06-12-2018 10:33 PM
    That is one big phone! Hmm. Interesting. I'll wait for the release to make any judgement calls, however. Hoping the smaller 3 will be at 5.5" or lower.
    06-12-2018 10:53 PM
    The iPhone X has 6 pieces of .5gb of RAM. And because it has 6, that means it has more than the pixel and is future proof like every single other flagship phone except the pixel. /s

Indeed!
    06-12-2018 11:07 PM
    I'm not following the logic of the math equating to more than the Pixel. Is the ram faster?
    I believe IOS has better memory management.
    As far as future proofing I'm sure 4 GB is more than adequate to keep the Pixels going beyond their life cycle.
    06-13-2018 08:32 AM
    I'm not following the logic of the math equating to more than the Pixel. Is the ram faster?
    I believe IOS has better memory management.
    As far as future proofing I'm sure 4 GB is more than adequate to keep the Pixels going beyond their life cycle.
    It was a joke
    Attached Thumbnails Pixel 3 XL Specs-46592.jpg  
    06-13-2018 09:15 AM
    It was a joke
    LOOL good meme!
    osubeavs728 and sleepnclass like this.
    06-13-2018 01:45 PM
    It was a joke
    Attached Thumbnails Pixel 3 XL Specs-46270.jpg  
    osubeavs728 likes this.
    06-14-2018 05:55 PM
    I have the 2 XL. For the 3 XL, I want:

(1) a better screen. (I know it's fine, but for all this money I want a really nice screen, not a "fine" one)

(2) Bigger battery / more battery life. - As always. This can be part of any want list of course. Battery life is good on my 2 XL, but I definitely want better. We will see.

(3) More/better AOD stuff. Android P helps some with additional AOD stuff, but I still want more, more like what Samsung offers.

Stuff I would love, but I know won't happen this year:

- Dedicated sound profile button (like OnePlus)
    - Dedicated Google Assistant button (the squeeze is OK, but I want a button)
    - Duel lens rear camera
    - Actual availability
    06-21-2018 04:57 PM
    I have the 2 XL. For the 3 XL, I want:

(1) a better screen. (I know it's fine, but for all this money I want a really nice screen, not a "fine" one)

(2) Bigger battery / more battery life. - As always. This can be part of any want list of course. Battery life is good on my 2 XL, but I definitely want better. We will see.

(3) More/better AOD stuff. Android P helps some with additional AOD stuff, but I still want more, more like what Samsung offers.

Stuff I would love, but I know won't happen this year:

- Dedicated sound profile button (like OnePlus)
    - Dedicated Google Assistant button (the squeeze is OK, but I want a button)
    - Duel lens rear camera
    - Actual availability
    Agree with the won't happen this year not happening this year. Only thing that I haven't updated on the spec sheet is that the rumors are leaning towards battery capacity being slightky smaller than the P2XL.
    06-22-2018 12:21 AM

And a 20mp sensor means a smaller physical sensor which means it'll be worse for low light situations.
    Just to clarify....Increasing the amount of pixels does not mean a smaller physical sensor. It means you end up with smaller phyisical pixels assuming the sensor size remains the same.
    06-22-2018 08:49 AM
    ... Only thing that I haven't updated on the spec sheet is that the rumors are leaning towards battery capacity being slightky smaller than the P2XL.
    That would SUCK. I want a bigger battery, not smaller. I am sure we'll get the usual ("CPU is more efficient", "Android P is better on battery life") talk from Google, but in the end a larger battery is better compared to a smaller battery for the same phone in 100% of the cases. I guess we will see. This would disappoint me if true ..
    I Can Be Your Hero likes this.
    06-22-2018 10:12 AM
    That would SUCK. I want a bigger battery, not smaller. I am sure we'll get the usual ("CPU is more efficient", "Android P is better on battery life") talk from Google, but in the end a larger battery is better compared to a smaller battery for the same phone in 100% of the cases. I guess we will see. This would disappoint me if true ..
    Smaller is OK if it's just a bit smaller.
    06-22-2018 01:00 PM
    Yeah, wouldn't be great if the battery was smaller than the current 2XL.

We'd have to see what battery life is like, but yes, more battery is always better. And if they're doing all these efficiencies with Android P - better battery management, more efficient processor etc, then a bigger battery along with all those efficiencies would be even better and make it last even longer.

The Huawei P20 Pro has a 4,000mah battery and that isn't a thick phone. Would like Google to push a big battery in the Pixel 3 XL.
    06-23-2018 05:17 AM
    if it doesn't have 6gb of ram it's a mid-range phone.
    06-24-2018 07:43 PM

The Huawei P20 Pro has a 4,000mah battery and that isn't a thick phone. Would like Google to push a big battery in the Pixel 3 XL.
    Yeah, so this is what I mean. It certainly can be done, particularly with larger phone sizes like the XL. Even if they just go to 3800 or something.

Also, I don't particularly care how thin the phone is, if I get more battery (to a point of course). 1 more mm in thickness is a fine trade off for me if I can get 500 Mah more battery.

Whatever the case, a smaller battery seems unnecessary, and will certainly disappoint me no matter what typical generic explanation is given by Google as to why..
    06-24-2018 08:09 PM
    So the Pixel 2 XL is a mid range phone then? It has 4GB, runs smoother than just about any other phone (including those with more RAM). So why is it needed?
    DMP89145 likes this.
    06-24-2018 08:10 PM
    This is a flat out just silly statement.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    06-24-2018 09:37 PM
    Whatever the case, a smaller battery seems unnecessary, and will certainly disappoint me no matter what typical generic explanation is given by Google as to why..
    still just a rumor, not a leak, at this point
    06-24-2018 09:49 PM
    Well hey, if that's the case then might as well put 12gb in .. Make it super premium, right? Now that I think about it, why stop there? let's put 60gb of ram in... make it super ultra mega premium.
    06-24-2018 11:24 PM
    If it doesn't have 6GB of ram it doesn't need it.
    Itsa_Me_Mario and James E1 like this.
    06-25-2018 12:46 AM
    My Pixel 3 XL wishlist:

-Better screen. I love my Pixel XL 2 but this screen is garbage compared to my S9+ or iPhone X.

-Bigger battery, I don't care if the phone gets thicker. I want more juice.

-Latest snappy dragonz.

-I know this is software, but I'm putting it here any way, better AOD. Samsung's has more and better info, user can customize and it is brighter.

-remappable convenience key.
    I Can Be Your Hero likes this.
    06-26-2018 11:14 PM
61 123