Pixel 3 XL Specs

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
The "word on the street" is that Google is getting ready to put 2 wireless charging docks on the Google Store this summer.
Figures. Gee, I wonder if one of them will be a pad with room for multiple devices? And cost like 99 bucks because it's soooo well made.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
If it doesn't need it why would they put it in? Other phones might need 6gb of RAM (although they probably don't) because of their bloated OS. It seems like you're just trying to find things to complain about at this point.

If a phone needs 6gb of RAM to run smoothly then there are bigger problems that need to be addressed with the way it handles its memory and apps.

More ram means less app reloads. It improves the user experience overall.

If your argument is if it doesn't need it, why put it in, then went not roll back to 2gb ram? Android can run on 2gb ram, so Google should just move back to that? I'd disagree. I'm after better user experience, and less app reloads aids in that.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
More ram means less app reloads. It improves the user experience overall.

If your argument is if it doesn't need it, why put it in, then went not roll back to 2gb ram? Android can run on 2gb ram, so Google should just move back to that? I'd disagree. I'm after better user experience, and less app reloads aids in that.

I think what we're trying to ask might be, "are you having an issue with app reloads currently" .. ? I might be wrong.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
IMO, There's not enough in this list at least to warrant the expense of an upgrade over the current set of 2's .
I know some will update no matter what and rock on for those folks, but I'm not getting stoked enough. My problem is my current P2 is so sweet any upgrade devices need to be much sweeter and maybe it's just me but I'm not seeing it yet.
The current cameras are crazy good so not a reason to fork over the big dough. Wireless charging is fine for those that want/need it but if the phone goes all day on one charge then not necessary anyway. 4GB RAM seems to be plenty adequate. Why not just give us 10GB RAM and surpass everyone else? RAM management is the key like battery management they seem to be getting better at.
There's just not enough coming in the P3's to entice this user. That said, will be looking forward to seeing how you all like it tho.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
IMO, There's not enough in this list at least to warrant the expense of an upgrade over the current set of 2's .
I know some will update no matter what and rock on for those folks, but I'm not getting stoked enough. My problem is my current P2 is so sweet any upgrade devices need to be much sweeter and maybe it's just me but I'm not seeing it yet.
The current cameras are crazy good so not a reason to fork over the big dough. Wireless charging is fine for those that want/need it but if the phone goes all day on one charge then not necessary anyway. 4GB RAM seems to be plenty adequate. Why not just give us 10GB RAM and surpass everyone else? RAM management is the key like battery management they seem to be getting better at.
There's just not enough coming in the P3's to entice this user. That said, will be looking forward to seeing how you all like it tho.

I agree until we know more. Don't see any real positives yet. For me the glass back is a negative even though some will be happy with their so called "Premium Look and Feel" and that they have wireless charging.
The Pixel 2 has a 2 year warranty which the 3 probably won't get so it may pay to hold on to it. For me to jump the camera and audio would have to greatly improve or there would have to be something revolutionary being announced. The camera is already great but a larger sensor would be nice. The audio is in the dongle so even if Improved I could just buy one. I can't think of something revolutionary they could except the A.I or A.R. department.
For me right now it's a no but as time progresses and we know more I may change my mind.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Was considering the 3XL this year in place of the Note as my daily.
Not seeing anything yet that makes me want to make the move. Will see in a couple of months.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That is one big phone! Hmm. Interesting. I'll wait for the release to make any judgement calls, however. Hoping the smaller 3 will be at 5.5" or lower.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone X has 6 pieces of .5gb of RAM. And because it has 6, that means it has more than the pixel and is future proof like every single other flagship phone except the pixel. /s

I'm not following the logic of the math equating to more than the Pixel. Is the ram faster?
I believe IOS has better memory management.
As far as future proofing I'm sure 4 GB is more than adequate to keep the Pixels going beyond their life cycle.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not following the logic of the math equating to more than the Pixel. Is the ram faster?
I believe IOS has better memory management.
As far as future proofing I'm sure 4 GB is more than adequate to keep the Pixels going beyond their life cycle.

It was a joke

Attachments

• 46592.jpg
    46592.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 115

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the 2 XL. For the 3 XL, I want:

(1) a better screen. (I know it's fine, but for all this money I want a really nice screen, not a "fine" one)

(2) Bigger battery / more battery life. - As always. This can be part of any want list of course. Battery life is good on my 2 XL, but I definitely want better. We will see.

(3) More/better AOD stuff. Android P helps some with additional AOD stuff, but I still want more, more like what Samsung offers.

Stuff I would love, but I know won't happen this year:

- Dedicated sound profile button (like OnePlus)
- Dedicated Google Assistant button (the squeeze is OK, but I want a button)
- Duel lens rear camera
- Actual availability :)

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I have the 2 XL. For the 3 XL, I want:

(1) a better screen. (I know it's fine, but for all this money I want a really nice screen, not a "fine" one)

(2) Bigger battery / more battery life. - As always. This can be part of any want list of course. Battery life is good on my 2 XL, but I definitely want better. We will see.

(3) More/better AOD stuff. Android P helps some with additional AOD stuff, but I still want more, more like what Samsung offers.

Stuff I would love, but I know won't happen this year:

- Dedicated sound profile button (like OnePlus)
- Dedicated Google Assistant button (the squeeze is OK, but I want a button)
- Duel lens rear camera
- Actual availability :)
Agree with the won't happen this year not happening this year. Only thing that I haven't updated on the spec sheet is that the rumors are leaning towards battery capacity being slightky smaller than the P2XL.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
And a 20mp sensor means a smaller physical sensor which means it'll be worse for low light situations.

Just to clarify....Increasing the amount of pixels does not mean a smaller physical sensor. It means you end up with smaller phyisical pixels assuming the sensor size remains the same.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
... Only thing that I haven't updated on the spec sheet is that the rumors are leaning towards battery capacity being slightky smaller than the P2XL.

That would SUCK. I want a bigger battery, not smaller. I am sure we'll get the usual ("CPU is more efficient", "Android P is better on battery life") talk from Google, but in the end a larger battery is better compared to a smaller battery for the same phone in 100% of the cases. I guess we will see. This would disappoint me if true ..