Pixel 3 XL Specs

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That would SUCK. I want a bigger battery, not smaller. I am sure we'll get the usual ("CPU is more efficient", "Android P is better on battery life") talk from Google, but in the end a larger battery is better compared to a smaller battery for the same phone in 100% of the cases. I guess we will see. This would disappoint me if true ..

Smaller is OK if it's just a bit smaller.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
That would SUCK. I want a bigger battery, not smaller. I am sure we'll get the usual ("CPU is more efficient", "Android P is better on battery life") talk from Google, but in the end a larger battery is better compared to a smaller battery for the same phone in 100% of the cases. I guess we will see. This would disappoint me if true ..
Yeah, wouldn't be great if the battery was smaller than the current 2XL.

We'd have to see what battery life is like, but yes, more battery is always better. And if they're doing all these efficiencies with Android P - better battery management, more efficient processor etc, then a bigger battery along with all those efficiencies would be even better and make it last even longer.

The Huawei P20 Pro has a 4,000mah battery and that isn't a thick phone. Would like Google to push a big battery in the Pixel 3 XL.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

The Huawei P20 Pro has a 4,000mah battery and that isn't a thick phone. Would like Google to push a big battery in the Pixel 3 XL.

Yeah, so this is what I mean. It certainly can be done, particularly with larger phone sizes like the XL. Even if they just go to 3800 or something.

Also, I don't particularly care how thin the phone is, if I get more battery (to a point of course). 1 more mm in thickness is a fine trade off for me if I can get 500 Mah more battery.

Whatever the case, a smaller battery seems unnecessary, and will certainly disappoint me no matter what typical generic explanation is given by Google as to why..

sleepnclass

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
My Pixel 3 XL wishlist:

-Better screen. I love my Pixel XL 2 but this screen is garbage compared to my S9+ or iPhone X.

-Bigger battery, I don't care if the phone gets thicker. I want more juice.

-Latest snappy dragonz.

-I know this is software, but I'm putting it here any way, better AOD. Samsung's has more and better info, user can customize and it is brighter.

-remappable convenience key.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
My Pixel 3 XL wishlist:

-Better screen. I love my Pixel XL 2 but this screen is garbage compared to my S9+ or iPhone X.

-Bigger battery, I don't care if the phone gets thicker. I want more juice.

-Latest snappy dragonz.

-I know this is software, but I'm putting it here any way, better AOD. Samsung's has more and better info, user can customize and it is brighter.

-remappable convenience key.

Yes, tbd, yes, sorta, no.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Dimensions Comparison based on latest data from video source above ^^

P2P3Dimen.jpg

Margin of error +- 0.2 mm.

Nearly identical physical size to last years models with improved screen to body ratio on both devices.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Nearly identical physical size to last years models with improved screen to body ratio on both devices.
Interesting. According to these numbers the 3 XL's display will be a few hairs narrower than the 2 XL's, yet some of the renders I've seen make the 3 XL display look significantly wider than the 2 XL's because they shrink the 3 XL's side bezels to next to nothing.

If Google had managed to make the display wider, that might've actually got me interested in the 3 XL.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. According to these numbers the 3 XL's display will be a few hairs narrower than the 2 XL's, yet some of the renders I've seen make the 3 XL display look significantly wider than the 2 XL's because they shrink the 3 XL's side bezels to next to nothing.

If Google had managed to make the display wider, that might've actually got me interested in the 3 XL.
There are issues with those numbers. Says the Pixel 3 will be a 16:9 aspect ratio, which can't be right if it's got a larger screen in the same body as the 16:9 Pixel 2.

Don't know how accurate those numbers are. Will have to wait and see.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
"Confirmed"

Snapdragon 845
4 GB LPDDR4X RAM
1 rear camera, details TBD
2 front cameras, details TBD
6.3" OLED display, resolution TBD
UFS 2.1 storage, 128 GB option confirmed, other options TBD
Dual front facing stereo speakers.
USB type C charging port
No headphone jack
Rear fingerprint sensor
Android 9 (P)
Notch
Glass back, wireless charging TBD

"Not even close to confirmed"

Some details on the above components still TBD
Battery size TBD

Update:

"Confirmed"

Snapdragon 845
4 GB LPDDR4X RAM
1 rear camera, 12 MP
2 front cameras, 8 MP
6.3" OLED display, resolution 18.5:9 aspect ratio, might be 6.7", 1440 x 2960 resolution, 494 PPI
UFS 2.1 storage, 64 & 128 GB options confirmed, other options not likely
Dual front facing stereo speakers.
USB type C charging port
No headphone jack
Rear fingerprint sensor
Android 9 (Pie)
Notch
Glass back, wireless charging
Battery size 3430 @ 3.7V
Active Edge
Black color option, white color option.

TheBf666

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
My Pixel 2 XL has RAM management issues. Apps reload and it's annoying. I do like the fast updates, the camera and having the latest android versions, but the RAM has always been an issue for me. I may have to skip pixel 3 XL if the issue still persists. It looks ugly and the specs seem lacking.

retxedzurc

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I love the specs of google pixel 3 xl. The one thing i hate about is the notch you can even hide the notch. Hope someday will google update a software for this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2