Pixel 3 XL

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
From my understanding htc was supposed to be doing the design of pixels , that's why they bought the engineer team and who made the first generation pixels, now pixel 2xl was not designed by htc to Google specs but lg did...now who's building the pixel 3?
No HTC has never designed pixels. the first generation of pickles were designed by Google and HTC rented them manufacturing space. the second to wear the same thing with the XL being built in LG factories but same relationship as before. This time Google is the designer of both phones with Foxconn actually doing the assembly. next time Google will be the designer again but HTC's former Engineers will be there to help out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No HTC has never designed pixels. the first generation of pickles were designed by Google and HTC rented them manufacturing space. the second to wear the same thing with the XL being built in LG factories but same relationship as before. This time Google is the designer of both phones with Foxconn actually doing the assembly. next time Google will be the designer again but HTC's former Engineers will be there to help out.

Thanks for clearing that up

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Oh please. Fix the dimensions then. Have you not seen the Note 9 specs? It can be done, it should be done.

Agreed.

The Note 9 has a 4,000mah battery (20% larger battery than the Note 8) *and still* finds space for the s-pen slot.

Whereas Google makes the battery smaller in the Pixel 3 XL.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The fact that Google is playing catch up with it's battery size and the fact that they are keeping only one camera lens for the rear has really made me a bit sad. I was hoping for at least 3600-3800mah and for a second lens that either did wide angle or 2x zoom so I wouldn't need a moment lens for wide angle shots. :/
Agreed.

The Note 9 has a 4,000mah battery (20% larger battery than the Note 8) *and still* finds space for the s-pen slot.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Agreed.

The engineer's at Google are on vacation , when they get back they will see the note 9 and go back to the drawing board ..still time right ))

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The fact that Google is playing catch up with it's battery size and the fact that they are keeping only one camera lens for the rear has really made me a bit sad. I was hoping for at least 3600-3800mah and for a second lens that either did wide angle or 2x zoom so I wouldn't need a moment lens for wide angle shots. :/

I like the 2x zoom in feature, dam even my 1+6 has it

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
From what I recall reading about Google's purchase of HTC resources was that it was the HTC employees that were working on the Google Pixel products that were the acquisition. One could surmise these HTC folks were privy to the Pixel 3 designs but it would be just speculation.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
From what I recall reading about Google's purchase of HTC resources was that it was the HTC employees that were working on the Google Pixel products that were the acquisition. One could surmise these HTC folks were privy to the Pixel 3 designs but it would be just speculation.

According to Mario they didn't have their hands in the design ... Google came up with the design all by themselves and just had htc build it to Google specs

mcostajr

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I think more RAM is essential. I don't know about any of you, but my Pixel 2xl now opens apps very slowly. Almost all of them have to reload, and I don't keep that many open in the background. It's also starting to lag. But more than just these hardware issues, I'd like Google to improve their Bluetooth. It is terrible. I constantly lose connection in my car, my Bluetooth headphones (and I have a few very nice pairs) have spotty connections. My WiFi connections are inconsistent as is my LTE connection. Google may offer a better and more optimized software experience, but their hardware suffers on many fronts (I have similar problems, with Bluetooth in particular, on my Pixel book.)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a Note 9 or something and just porting the Pixel UI if I don't like Samsung's UI.

Still undecided, I'll wait for the Pixel 3 reveal.

Might as well wait until the reveal to make sure, plus the Note will have specials by then if the past is any indication. I am going to wait and see, but will probably get the note and hope Google picks up the slack next year and I will come back.

Last edited:

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Again, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion. I think some of that should be rooted in at least some facts outside of a personal wish list, though, if it's something to be debated as a legitimate complaint.

If the spec sheet is important to a consumer, they should buy the device that best lines up with their desires. It's that simple. There are devices right now that have every spec that some are complaining about in this thread (along with the other 3 or 4 saying the same thing). So why not just buy THAT device if that's what's important to you and not have a concern under the sun about whatever Google is doing with the Pixel? Why buy ANY device if it's not what you want?

Because I want the benefits of a Pixel with the battery of the Note 9.... I wish Samsung had a google play edition. I want pure android and all that comes with that in Samsung's hardware.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Because I want the benefits of a Pixel with the battery of the Note 9.... I wish Samsung had a google play edition. I want pure android and all that comes with that in Samsung's hardware.

I hear ya .. Would be nice, but I think that responsibility lies with Samsung to decide to engage the Android One program, right? Google will, IMO, keep their vision intact regardless of what other OEMs do...