08-11-2018 07:02 PM
113 123 ...
tools
    Do you guys think the leaked videos are real?? If the specs are accurate I honestly don't see a reason to upgrade from the pixel 2 xl. I was really looking fwd to upgrading to the pixel 3 xl, but now I'm a bit disappointed if the specs are real.
    08-10-2018 02:16 PM
    Yes, I am disappointed in the specs and the hardware. I can't get over how freaking big the notch is.
    08-10-2018 02:22 PM
    Same if this is the case I'll hold off on upgrading this year.
    Yes, I am disappointed in the specs and the hardware. I can't get over how freaking big the notch is.
    08-10-2018 02:22 PM
    Yes they are real, but there are errors on some of the specs from Antutu.
    08-10-2018 02:28 PM
    Do you guys think the leaked videos are real?? If the specs are accurate I honestly don't see a reason to upgrade from the pixel 2 xl. I was really looking fwd to upgrading to the pixel 3 xl, but now I'm a bit disappointed if the specs are real.
    I'm sticking with the Pixel2 xl ...might jump my s9+ to the note 9 later though
    08-10-2018 02:32 PM
    Can you clarify what errors you are referring too? Are you referring to the 3 front facing cameras although physically there only appears to be 2? Are there any other errors?
    Yes they are real, but there are errors on some of the specs from Antutu.
    08-10-2018 02:39 PM
    I'm sticking with the Pixel2 xl ...might jump my s9+ to the note 9 later though
    Be careful of those big down payments (if you're on t-mobile).
    mustang7757, aximtreo and EMGSM like this.
    08-10-2018 02:42 PM
    Can you clarify what errors you are referring too? Are you referring to the 3 front facing cameras although physically there only appears to be 2? Are there any other errors?
    That and it's unclear if the device is 6.3" or 6.7" display size. Antutu is the first leak to show 6.7".
    08-10-2018 02:43 PM
    How come there's a big chin?
    dmxjago likes this.
    08-10-2018 02:59 PM
    For real! Big notch so you havea thin top bezel but it has a big chin. Looks so unbalanced and awkward. SMH
    dmxjago likes this.
    08-10-2018 03:38 PM
    Yeah seems similar to the pixel 2 xl. I don't mind a chin nor even a forehead as long as we get to keep the front facing speakers, but I'd expect it to at least be a bit smaller than the pixel 2 xl.
    08-10-2018 03:41 PM
    Yeah. And how can the iPhone X have no bottom bezel at all? Is it just cos there's a FFS on the Pixel?
    For real! Big notch so you havea thin top bezel but it has a big chin. Looks so unbalanced and awkward. SMH
    08-10-2018 03:47 PM
    I also saw some tech reviews demonstrating that despite the iPhone x having the one front facing speaker ear piece and one bottom speaker still sounded extremely loud as a matter of fact it supposedly sounded louder and clearer than the pixel 2 xl..if I can find the video I'll link it. If my mind serves me right I think it was from unboxtherapy.
    Yeah. And how can the iPhone X have no bottom bezel at all? Is it just cos there's a FFS on the Pixel?
    08-10-2018 03:51 PM
    No. Apple folded back the bottom of the iPhone X display so that they wouldn't have to connect the display at the bottom of the phone and wouldn't need bezel space to "hide" that.
    08-10-2018 03:52 PM
    I'm sure that'll be their excuse for a big chin but others have done a ffs with smaller bezels so they just have poor designers.
    08-10-2018 03:53 PM
    This is an embarrassing piece of trash that just might set the Pixel program back.

Talk about ugly. Yuck.
    08-10-2018 03:57 PM
    That is very true and I have to agree. For me if those leaks are legit other than the 845 process I don't see anything worth upgrading therefore a processor upgrade is no way in hell worth the upgrade. Even if the camera is better and the fact that the pixel 2xl already takes awesome shots I can't justify an upgrade. Supposedly it even has a smaller battery than the pixel 2 xl.
    I'm sure that'll be their excuse for a big chin but others have done a ffs with smaller bezels so they just have poor designers.
    08-10-2018 03:57 PM
    But how come other OEMs aren't doing the same, in order to achieve no bottom bezel? Speakers?
    No. Apple folded back the bottom of the iPhone X display so that they wouldn't have to connect the display at the bottom of the phone and wouldn't need bezel space to "hide" that.
    08-10-2018 03:59 PM
    Unless this is all fake so when the actual product gets announced we get much more excited. To me it just doesn't seem realistic bc there seems to be little to know upgrade from the pixel 2 xl.
    This is an embarrassing piece of trash that just might set the Pixel program back.

Talk about ugly. Yuck.
    08-10-2018 03:59 PM
    XZ2 Premium, anyone?
    08-10-2018 04:05 PM
    Google is doing this so they can market the device at a very competitive cost!! haha just kidding, they are going to ask top dollar for this. I haven't had a note since the Note 3. I usually only like stock but I guess I am going to the dark side of Samsung.
    08-10-2018 04:13 PM
    Be careful of those big down payments (if you're on t-mobile).
    Yeah I Kno, that's why I'm going to wait and see if it's the best deal for me . Otherwise I can sell the s9+ and my 8+ then get the note ..I've got to sell some of my phone's I'm keeping too many not good
    08-10-2018 04:13 PM
    ut how come other OEMs aren't doing the same, in order to achieve no bottom bezel? Speakers?
    Money! It's more expensive than just connecting the display panel at one or another end behind a bit of bezel. Not to mention that all those components that used to sit behind the bezel have to be moved back or up behind the display. That's got to add even more time & expense to the equation.
    08-10-2018 06:01 PM
    Speaker + other components, such as the bottom display connectors.

Chin and top bezel are not related unless the OEM makes them similar size for symmetry. Making a bigger chin does not reduce or increase the quantity or size of stuff that would go in a top bezel.

The iPhone bends the glass of the display around the bottom of the device and plugs into connectors at a downward angle.
    08-10-2018 06:07 PM

Talk about ugly. Yuck.
    I suspect a few million people are about to disagree with you. Luckily for Google, they already have sales outnumbering the regular readership of all Android related tech blogs combined.
    08-10-2018 06:08 PM
113 123 ...