Pixel 3 XL Supposed Leak and Photo Samples

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind the notch especially bc we can disable it with software. Main thing I'm concerned about is the battery which is a bit smaller than the pixel 2 xl, ram as it's the same as last year and the camera. Yes I bet the camera will take amazing pics, but how about having at least dual rear camera???? A wide lens would of been perfect in order to eliminate me using a thick moment case with the wide angle lens whenever I need to fit more info in a pic. Sigh.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
https://www.droid-life.com/2018/08/22/lg-v40-renders/

LG is hiding their notch by making it look like a bezel. If Google allowed their notification bar to be black, it would be the same. Would that make any difference to the anti-notch crowd?
Yeah I think that'd be a suitable solution, if Google allow it. We haven't seen any shots of the device with the notch hidden, so I'm not holding my breath.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
They can do that with software just like on my 1+6 give a choice turn on notch or off

I know, but there are some people who were complaining about 1+ doing that, like even though it's less conspicuous, they still know it's there. Like I said, it doesn't bother me, and wouldn't if they did it on the regular Pixel 3. But for some people it's a deal breaker just being present, camouflaged or not.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know, but there are some people who were complaining about 1+ doing that, like even though it's less conspicuous, they still know it's there. Like I said, it doesn't bother me, and wouldn't if they did it on the regular Pixel 3. But for some people it's a deal breaker just being present, camouflaged or not.

Yeah I hear you ...better to have options though. Like the buttons or gestures

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
https://www.droid-life.com/2018/08/22/lg-v40-renders/

LG is hiding their notch by making it look like a bezel. If Google allowed their notification bar to be black, it would be the same. Would that make any difference to the anti-notch crowd?

Yes, to me it would make 100% difference lol. The notch might be the only thing making me not get this phone. I'd have to see the size of it first as well b/c this thing is a monster (supposedly) but I would certainly be more open to this w/ a bezel.

EDIT: I would like to point out that I would still like a notification bar though lol

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Apparently the 3 XL will have the option to eliminate the notch in software. The resulting "look" will be much like the current 2 XL. That removes all the trepidation for me. I'll be ordering the 3 XL and just like this year I'll also be ordering the Google Live Protective case. Such excitement!

What will be interesting will be the quality of the 3 XL screen. Will there be a color shift?

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
When can we get true black like Samsung does?
Apparently the 3 XL will have the option to eliminate the notch in software. The resulting "look" will be much like the current 2 XL. That removes all the trepidation for me. I'll be ordering the 3 XL and just like this year I'll also be ordering the Google Live Protective case. Such excitement!

What will be interesting will be the quality of the 3 XL screen. Will there be a color shift?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

They will introduce a floating color shift.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12