09-20-2018 10:02 AM
238 ... 8910
tools
    We expect Google to be better than Apple... Just so you know. LOLOL
    09-17-2018 06:17 AM
    We expect Google to be better than Apple... Just so you know. LOLOL
    You mean they're not?

LoL
    Kirstein Gourlay and dsignori like this.
    09-17-2018 07:50 AM
    Now this is interesting.... https://www.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_3_xl-9257.php

Check out the RAM. Same on Pixel 3 as well.
    09-17-2018 11:23 AM
    Now this is interesting.... https://www.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_3_xl-9257.php

Check out the RAM. Same on Pixel 3 as well.
    Yeah it's said that since before the leaks that showed 4GB.
    09-17-2018 11:52 AM
    Thanks

But how do we know what is true and what is Fake.

Glad to see the memory is back up to 6 GB ram

Problem is the wait to get the phone.
    And about exactly how much is it gonna cost.

If google was interested, they could of gave more colors.
    More Mega pixel Camera and made the phone a little thicker for a tiny bigger batter.
    Waiting a month is gonna be tough right now.

This is all just a tease
    And who knows what is true.
    Do they have any phones ready.
    09-17-2018 11:53 AM
    Thanks

Glad to see the memory is back up to 6 GB ram.
    It's not back up to 6GB.
    09-17-2018 12:21 PM
    It's not back up to 6GB.
    So GSM arena is puttin fake news out.

https://www.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_3_xl-9257.php
    09-17-2018 12:22 PM
    Thanks

Glad to see the memory is back up to 6 GB ram

Problem is the wait to get the phone.
    And about exactly how much is it gonna cost.

If google was interested, they could of gave more colors.
    More Mega pixel Camera and made the phone a little thicker for a tiny bigger batter.
    Waiting a month is gonna be tough right now.

This is all just a tease
    And who knows what is true.
    Do they have any phones ready.
    This has been stated since the early days of the internet, but higher megapixels doesn't translate to a better picture. It will be larger, may have more detail, but it's the sensor and lens that makes the difference. I've owned phones with higher megapixels than the Pixel and weren't near as good quality wise.

I would agree that a thicker phone with a larger battery would be more desirable. But Apple started thin=better trend a long time ago. That lead to larger screens, because if you can't go thicker to get a larger battery, the only options currently is to go wider and longer. Until they come up with a battery that allows them to pack more mAh in a smaller size, that's what we're stuck with.

The wait is the same every year. I remember waiting for the Droid Incredible back in 2010 and it was much harder than this. Of course, I was still on a flip phone at the time, so maybe that was part of it. It easier to wait if you like the device you already have.
    09-17-2018 12:53 PM
    This has been stated since the early days of the internet, but higher megapixels doesn't translate to a better picture. It will be larger, may have more detail, but it's the sensor and lens that makes the difference. I've owned phones with higher megapixels than the Pixel and weren't near as good quality wise.

Bixby updated on my S8+ last nite, changed my ringers on my phone.
    Not happy with that.

I would agree that a thicker phone with a larger battery would be more desirable. But Apple started thin=better trend a long time ago. That lead to larger screens, because if you can't go thicker to get a larger battery, the only options currently is to go wider and longer. Until they come up with a battery that allows them to pack more mAh in a smaller size, that's what we're stuck with.

The wait is the same every year. I remember waiting for the Droid Incredible back in 2010 and it was much harder than this. Of course, I was still on a flip phone at the time, so maybe that was part of it. It easier to wait if you like the device you already have.
    09-17-2018 01:03 PM
    I would believe photo of the device showing it's specs on the bootloader screen over a placeholder spec.
    DMP89145 and dsignori like this.
    09-17-2018 04:01 PM
    Post-iPhone XS reviews, particularly about the camera, my interest in the Pixel 3 has increased.

I know it won't be anywhere near the phone it should be, but I'm looking forward to more camera improvements, wireless charging, and the bigger screen. The regular Pixel 2's gigantic bezels have aged terribly and I'm desperate to have a better screen experience.
    09-19-2018 10:05 PM
    Post-iPhone XS reviews, particularly about the camera, my interest in the Pixel 3 has increased.

I know it won't be anywhere near the phone it should be, but I'm looking forward to more camera improvements, wireless charging, and the bigger screen. The regular Pixel 2's gigantic bezels have aged terribly and I'm desperate to have a better screen experience.
    While the Pixel may not seem as exciting as some of the competition I have faith that the 3 series will perform as needed. I say this based on the fact that the 2XL has never let me down or even mildly disappointed me. I see no reason why the 3 should be any different especially with a newer, faster processor.

Having said all that I realize that not everyone's experience with performance has been the same as mine but I think that's true of every device.
    09-20-2018 07:10 AM
    Having said all that I realize that not everyone's experience with performance has been the same as mine but I think that's true of every device.
    Agreed. I said in another thread that I've had such bad luck with Samsung that I never even consider them anymore. But I also understand that if everyone had the same experience as I have, they wouldn't be around anymore, let alone one of the largest and diverse companies in the world. Who knows, maybe if I were to go with them for my next purchase I wouldn't have the issues I've had in the past. But my history keeps me from pulling the trigger.

And the opposite is true as well. If you've had nothing but good luck with a company, you might overlook when issues arise.
    09-20-2018 10:02 AM
238 ... 8910