Losing Interest In 3 XL

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So were a day closer, and it seems somebody is saying because of the Plug in earphones. That's right now the wireless ones, that like the 64GB version of the Pixel 3 is gonna cost like 1000.00 or upwards of that.
That is a awful lot of money for a phone, and it ain't even the 128GB model.
Is that how you get as Big as Samsung and Iphone, by how much you charge for your phone.

https://www.techradar.com/news/google-pixel-3-xl

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
So were a day closer, and it seems somebody is saying because of the Plug in earphones. That's right now the wireless ones, that like the 64GB version of the Pixel 3 is gonna cost like 1000.00 or upwards of that.
That is a awful lot of money for a phone, and it ain't even the 128GB model.
Is that how you get as Big as Samsung and Iphone, by how much you charge for your phone.

https://www.techradar.com/news/google-pixel-3-xl
I obviously don't know but I sincerely doubt that.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Well for one I expected them to be a little more in touch with their customer base.....and the pixel 2's were much more in line I think with what pixel owners wanted in a phone.... me included ;-) That gigantic notch is really over the top, and if they plan on pricing these phones similarly to Apple and Samsung's flagships, 4 gigs of RAM and 64 and 128 gigs of storage with no sd card support just isn't going to cut it.

Even with those specs they can still be very good phones....... if the price is right :O My current original pixel has similar specs and it's a great phone, but I only payed $350 for it brand new. That's part of the reason it's a great phone. At $1000 it would be a very poor phone, because that would put it in a whole different league of competition...... although it was definitely worth more than I payed for it ;-)

I wanted to add that I really enjoy pixel phones and don't plan on owning anything else. I will NEVER pay the ridiculous prices Samsung are asking (which has caused a 20% drop in sales and caused them to start focusing more on the budget/mid-range phone segment.... you can do a quick Google search on that), and I'll never own an apple phone because of pricing and the fact they are always getting caught doing something to their older phones with updates to slow them down/take away features etc just to force folks to upgrade. Very shady company :-[ :-(

Pixels are for me because of the cameras, monthly security/maintenance updates, and os updates that are sent out when promised..... not a year later (if at all) for all the updates like Samsung, Moto, or most any other Android phone manufacturer I can think of. So don't get me wrong, I'm a huge pixel fan, just not of the pixel 3 leaks/possible prices and specs. Of course I'll still pick one up in a couple years super cheap and enjoy the hell out of it lol.
Just so you know, Apple's iPhones have 4GB RAM and 64GB storage.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks

But how do we know what is true and what is Fake.

Glad to see the memory is back up to 6 GB ram

Problem is the wait to get the phone.
And about exactly how much is it gonna cost.

If google was interested, they could of gave more colors.
More Mega pixel Camera and made the phone a little thicker for a tiny bigger batter.
Waiting a month is gonna be tough right now.

This is all just a tease
And who knows what is true.
Do they have any phones ready.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

But how do we know what is true and what is Fake.

Glad to see the memory is back up to 6 GB ram

Problem is the wait to get the phone.
And about exactly how much is it gonna cost.

If google was interested, they could of gave more colors.
More Mega pixel Camera and made the phone a little thicker for a tiny bigger batter.
Waiting a month is gonna be tough right now.

This is all just a tease
And who knows what is true.
Do they have any phones ready.

This has been stated since the early days of the internet, but higher megapixels doesn't translate to a better picture. It will be larger, may have more detail, but it's the sensor and lens that makes the difference. I've owned phones with higher megapixels than the Pixel and weren't near as good quality wise.

I would agree that a thicker phone with a larger battery would be more desirable. But Apple started thin=better trend a long time ago. That lead to larger screens, because if you can't go thicker to get a larger battery, the only options currently is to go wider and longer. Until they come up with a battery that allows them to pack more mAh in a smaller size, that's what we're stuck with.

The wait is the same every year. I remember waiting for the Droid Incredible back in 2010 and it was much harder than this. Of course, I was still on a flip phone at the time, so maybe that was part of it. It easier to wait if you like the device you already have.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
This has been stated since the early days of the internet, but higher megapixels doesn't translate to a better picture. It will be larger, may have more detail, but it's the sensor and lens that makes the difference. I've owned phones with higher megapixels than the Pixel and weren't near as good quality wise.

Bixby updated on my S8+ last nite, changed my ringers on my phone.
Not happy with that.

I would agree that a thicker phone with a larger battery would be more desirable. But Apple started thin=better trend a long time ago. That lead to larger screens, because if you can't go thicker to get a larger battery, the only options currently is to go wider and longer. Until they come up with a battery that allows them to pack more mAh in a smaller size, that's what we're stuck with.

The wait is the same every year. I remember waiting for the Droid Incredible back in 2010 and it was much harder than this. Of course, I was still on a flip phone at the time, so maybe that was part of it. It easier to wait if you like the device you already have.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Post-iPhone XS reviews, particularly about the camera, my interest in the Pixel 3 has increased.

I know it won't be anywhere near the phone it should be, but I'm looking forward to more camera improvements, wireless charging, and the bigger screen. The regular Pixel 2's gigantic bezels have aged terribly and I'm desperate to have a better screen experience.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Post-iPhone XS reviews, particularly about the camera, my interest in the Pixel 3 has increased.

I know it won't be anywhere near the phone it should be, but I'm looking forward to more camera improvements, wireless charging, and the bigger screen. The regular Pixel 2's gigantic bezels have aged terribly and I'm desperate to have a better screen experience.

While the Pixel may not seem as exciting as some of the competition I have faith that the 3 series will perform as needed. I say this based on the fact that the 2XL has never let me down or even mildly disappointed me. I see no reason why the 3 should be any different especially with a newer, faster processor.

Having said all that I realize that not everyone's experience with performance has been the same as mine but I think that's true of every device.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Having said all that I realize that not everyone's experience with performance has been the same as mine but I think that's true of every device.

Agreed. I said in another thread that I've had such bad luck with Samsung that I never even consider them anymore. But I also understand that if everyone had the same experience as I have, they wouldn't be around anymore, let alone one of the largest and diverse companies in the world. Who knows, maybe if I were to go with them for my next purchase I wouldn't have the issues I've had in the past. But my history keeps me from pulling the trigger.

And the opposite is true as well. If you've had nothing but good luck with a company, you might overlook when issues arise.