Will there be Pixel 3 deals at launch?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I can’t remeber what deals were like with the Pixel 2 launch. Do Pixel phones typically go for full retail at launch or are there usually some discounted deals or great trade in deals available?

What will happen to the price of the Pixel 2 phones once the Pixel 3 launches?

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Last year they offered a free Goggle Home Mini with purchase. They may do the same this year, as they've been doing that for a lot of things like purchasing a Nest Hello doorbell or Nest Cams. Hopefully they'll offer an alternative since I've already got enough Minis and the one I got with my doorbell went to a relative.

Robert Scales

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
Do you remember what happened to the price of the original pixel phones? I'm looking at a Pixel 2 XL for $550, $300 off and trying to decide if I should pull the trigger. I don't mind waiting for the Pixel 3, but I know I am not going to pay $850 for one, so I'm not sure if there is even a reason for me to wait until October.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Only deal I know of was you got a free Google Home Mini when you bought a Pixel 2.

No idea what they'd do this year with the Pixel 3. Maybe the same thing? Personally, I'd rather have 100gb of Drive storage for 2 years or something.

Other phones used to offer 100gb of Drive storage for 2 years if you bought the phone. Don't know why Google can't offer the same with Google's own phone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Last year they offered a free Goggle Home Mini with purchase. They may do the same this year, as they've been doing that for a lot of things like purchasing a Nest Hello doorbell or Nest Cams. Hopefully they'll offer an alternative since I've already got enough Minis and the one I got with my doorbell went to a relative.

The charging stand would be great

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I traded in my 6p last year through Google for my 2xl and it worked out well. Didn't get as much as I could of but it was pretty painless. Thanks for advice
Careful with trade-in deals. They are usually handled by third parties and don't always pan out as expected.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you remember what happened to the price of the original pixel phones? I'm looking at a Pixel 2 XL for $550, $300 off and trying to decide if I should pull the trigger. I don't mind waiting for the Pixel 3, but I know I am not going to pay $850 for one, so I'm not sure if there is even a reason for me to wait until October.

Same here. Im waiting until the announcement to see the price drop on pre-owned units. I'm skeptical about the 2XLs because of early display issues combined with reports of battery saver/lag. Something needs to be updated.

It's actually nice being 1 model behind. Great deals can be had and a bunch of others are looking to sell their device to grab a new one.

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My original post was to bkrickles as a note of caution because some didn't fair so we'll.

I actually did receive what was posted on Google site but could have gotten more if I'd sold elsewhere. Probably much more but it was pretty easy just getting it all done at once. I'm hoping it's a similar experience in October

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually did receive what was posted on Google site but could have gotten more if I'd sold elsewhere. Probably much more but it was pretty easy just getting it all done at once. I'm hoping it's a similar experience in October

When you say you could've gotten more if you sold it elsewhere, do you mean trading it in somewhere else, or selling it on a site like eBay or Swappa? Because you'll usually get more selling it direct vs trading it in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781