Will there be Pixel 3 deals at launch?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
How much would you say an iPhone 6S would trade-in for with Google for the Pixel 3? Would it make it to $100?

I have Minis in the house already, too. I hope this year the promotions are more varied.

And I hope they continue unlimited free Photos storage for a few years again. It goes hand-in-hand with the camera experience.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How much would you say an iPhone 6S would trade-in for with Google for the Pixel 3? Would it make it to $100?

I have Minis in the house already, too. I hope this year the promotions are more varied.

And I hope they continue unlimited free Photos storage for a few years again. It goes hand-in-hand with the camera experience.

I would think 100.00 maybe 150.00 probably could sell it a little more on Ebay or swappa

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It's gonna be 15 more days.
And that's just till they announce it.

It's just a phone? A new pixel with nothing really new about it except a slightly faster processor, maybe wireless charging and slightly bigger screens, with the XL having a huge screen eating notch. What's to get excited about? They even look the same. The only thing that's exciting me is that the price of the 2's will start dropping ;-)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's just a phone? A new pixel with nothing really new about it except a slightly faster processor, maybe wireless charging and slightly bigger screens, with the XL having a huge screen eating notch. What's to get excited about? They even look the same. The only thing that's exciting me is that the price of the 2's will start dropping ;-)

Actually the screen eats the side bezels

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I've never owned a Pixel very long.
Think I can get past the notch. Not sure.
Guess if'n I buy one from Google I will be stuck with it .
It is a clean phone . Like the Gboard on it .
Will have to find a note app that I like since I can't use the samsung notes I presently have.

But the note sure has a lot to offer.
Heard you can take the note and set it up and use the stylus to take a picture .
Not to mention the 4000 ah battery.

https://www.smartprix.com/mobiles/s...oogle_pixel_3_xl-c1101s07lcgx_11015ffr4va.php.

And if this information is all true.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Well you just sorta said it. The 3 is a 2 with a better processor, adds wireless charging and more screen real estate. Same for the 2 XL and 3 XL.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well you just sorta said it. The 3 is a 2 with a better processor, adds wireless charging and more screen real estate. Same for the 2 XL and 3 XL.

That's pretty much true of most phones. Unless they do a redesign, it's the same phone with upgraded internals and a new feature or two. Hell, Samsung's design is about 4 years old now. Sure, the curves are slightly different, but other than moving from a 16:9 to an 18:9 aspect ratio, they really haven't changed the design much. But each model has had upgraded internals over the previous, and a new feature or two.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've never owned a Pixel very long.
Think I can get past the notch. Not sure.
Guess if'n I buy one from Google I will be stuck with it .
It is a clean phone . Like the Gboard on it .
Will have to find a note app that I like since I can't use the samsung notes I presently have.

But the note sure has a lot to offer.
Heard you can take the note and set it up and use the stylus to take a picture .
Not to mention the 4000 ah battery.

https://www.smartprix.com/mobiles/s...oogle_pixel_3_xl-c1101s07lcgx_11015ffr4va.php.

And if this information is all true.

You can return if purchased from Google

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
That's pretty much true of most phones. Unless they do a redesign, it's the same phone with upgraded internals and a new feature or two. Hell, Samsung's design is about 4 years old now. Sure, the curves are slightly different, but other than moving from a 16:9 to an 18:9 aspect ratio, they really haven't changed the design much. But each model has had upgraded internals over the previous, and a new feature or two.

Exactly. :)

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm honestly surprised that Samsung hasn't done a shake up of their design. The S1& S2 were each one offs, the S3 & S4 were pretty similar, the S5 was a one off, and then from the S6 to the S9 they're close enough in design that most casual users probably couldn't tell the difference.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That's a big part of why. When you look at any given phone, you can instantly tell if it's an iPhone or not. Samsung wants the same to be true for a Galaxy.

Yeah, but you can keep design cues without having essentially the same design year after year. For instance, Samsung always did square camera openings where everyone else did round. Little things like that could go a long way towards brand recognition, just like certain cars have design cues that let you instantly know who the manufacfurer is. Or like with music, you can always tell an AC/DC song by Angus Young's guitar riff or or a Queen song by Brian May's.

Otherwise, they'd have to keep the same design going forward, and then you run into the problem of how your brand new device looks almost identical to a 5 year old one.