Are you gonna buy a pixel or the 3 XL

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So if somebody wanted to start a Poll to see how many people is gonna Buy a new Pixel phone or buy something else.
Here it is !

Are you gonna buy the Pixel phone, WAIT, or buy another phone.

Or you on the fence.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Still debating between the 3 XL and Note 9. I'm probably going to wait until the 3 XL is in stores so I can see exactly how bad the notch looks in person, see if they improved the display quality, etc. I don't really want to leave the Pixel line mainly due to the clean software and excellent camera, but the Note 9 is one beautiful piece of hardware, much better looking than the 3 XL in my opinion. My 2 XL still works perfectly fine so I'm in no rush to upgrade.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have a 2 - I don't see anything exciting about the 3. (I wouldn't care if they removed the notch and the chin - they don't bother me.) So ... no.

Maybe the 4 - if it comes with something I really want. (I went for the 2 for the fingerprint scanner - then was the only one to find the fingerprint bug in Android, so I still have a phone I can't use fingerprints on. That's okay, though - between me and the development team, we may be narrowing in on the cause. The next email I get from the team should five me what I need to provide him with a dump that might do it. [It was up to "can you flash a ROM?" Friday. Duh! If you don't want to remove TWRP every time, that's how you update. Ask me to do something difficult, like get out of my chair.)

We'll see how it goes. Once this is fixed, I was planning on keeping the 2 until at least S came out (which the 2 won't get). But if they come out with some other nifty hardware - a mind-reading module, maybe? - I might buy a new one before then. The 2 still has the best camera on the market, and they're not doing any work on the HDR chip that I know of, so the 3 won't get any better. (Open Camera even supports HDR.)

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Still debating between the 3 XL and Note 9. I'm probably going to wait until the 3 XL is in stores so I can see exactly how bad the notch looks in person, see if they improved the display quality, etc. I don't really want to leave the Pixel line mainly due to the clean software and excellent camera, but the Note 9 is one beautiful piece of hardware, much better looking than the 3 XL in my opinion. My 2 XL still works perfectly fine so I'm in no rush to upgrade.
This is exactly how I feel. I'm gonna look at the P3XL, N9 and 1+6T.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So if somebody wanted to start a Poll to see how many people is gonna Buy a new Pixel phone or buy something else.
Here it is !

Are you gonna buy the Pixel phone, WAIT, or buy another phone.

Or you on the fence.

Pixel 3 to replace my GS8 that's acting up, if it's as good as I hope. HATE the XL's notch.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I am concerned about the Pixel 3 XL phone.
6.7" seems too big.
The battery is below 3500 AH.

It has a Big notch at the top. So just where does this leave the screen size.
with the other phones released it don't have enough memory.
More memory would let the phone operate a little faster.
And is the phone gonna be a IP68 water resistance ?
And they are putting the bottom phone out with just 64Gb. With no SD card.
It should be a 128gb phone. Forget cloud.

Know there are all kinds of leaks out there. And we don't really know what is true.

But does Google have it together this year ?
Are we just gonna have a Pixel 3 XL with a little bigger screen and a little faster processor.
And you know that if they are releasing the phones in like 16 days.
They have to already have them made up sitting in a wearhouse.

How many phones do you think they will actually sell with the Poor leaks that we have seen.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am concerned about the Pixel 3 XL phone.
6.7" seems too big.
The battery is below 3500 AH.

It has a Big notch at the top. So just where does this leave the screen size.
with the other phones released it don't have enough memory.
More memory would let the phone operate a little faster.
And is the phone gonna be a IP68 water resistance ?
And they are putting the bottom phone out with just 64Gb. With no SD card.
It should be a 128gb phone. Forget cloud.

Know there are all kinds of leaks out there. And we don't really know what is true.

But does Google have it together this year ?
Are we just gonna have a Pixel 3 XL with a little bigger screen and a little faster processor.
And you know that if they are releasing the phones in like 16 days.
They have to already have them made up sitting in a wearhouse.

How many phones do you think they will actually sell with the Poor leaks that we have seen.

The size of the phone might be 6.2

There is nothing wrong with the battery being slightly below 3500 mAh

The 2XL operates fine with 4GB and so should the 3XL.

IP67 and IP68 aren't that different but we don't know what the 3 will be

I'm sure there will be a 128gb version.

Based on a lot of your concerns the Pixel is probably not the right choice for you to buy but in the end it's your choice.

Last edited:

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Nope, my Pixel 2 is less than one year old and I love it. Can't see a compelling reason to upgrade, unless there is some sort of killer trade-in deal from Google.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
15 Days till the announcement.
Gonna be a LONG WAIT for me.
Samsung is cutting some deals on the Note 9.

How do we know what all that is posted as leaks is REAL.

Look at this leak. It makes the phone Look more desirable.

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/mobile-phones/Google-Pixel-3-XL

Its about pretty new.

The deals on the Note 9 are going to be better the longer it's out there, that's the way almost every company operates, other than Apple. Theyay have some deals for a new phone at launch, bit the longer it's out there, they're going to have a harder time selling it since it won't be as when it was new, so they sweeten the pot to get customers to bite.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The deals on the Note 9 are going to be better the longer it's out there, that's the way almost every company operates, other than Apple. Theyay have some deals for a new phone at launch, bit the longer it's out there, they're going to have a harder time selling it since it won't be as when it was new, so they sweeten the pot to get customers to bite.
I hoping the black one gets released in the states around the holidays......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke