Will pre-orders be available everywhere right after the announcement, or just through Google direct at the beginning?

Thanks!
    10-04-2018 10:14 PM
    Will pre-orders be available everywhere right after the announcement, or just through Google direct at the beginning?

Thanks!
    Best Buy? maybe. I know Google will.
    10-05-2018 01:37 AM
    Best Buy? maybe. I know Google will.
    I think Verizon had them online at the same time but I'm not 100 percent positive.
    10-05-2018 10:26 PM
    Best Buy was telling me
    A lot better of people don't rush in to buy Pixel phones like Samsung and Apple
    That when they get them in that they usually have plenty.
    Guess I'd contact them Tuesday and ask.
    10-08-2018 12:01 PM
    Best Buy was telling me
    A lot better of people don't rush in to buy Pixel phones like Samsung and Apple
    That when they get them in that they usually have plenty.
    Guess I'd contact them Tuesday and ask.
    They won't have them in stock on the day of the announcement if that's what you mean. They may have them available to preorder
    10-08-2018 12:12 PM
    With the all the leaks and devices being shown everywhere, I do hope they ship asap after pre-order opens up tomorrow. Hopefully not a 2 or 3 week wait. Wishful thinking
    10-08-2018 11:28 PM
    They won't have them in stock on the day of the announcement if that's what you mean. They may have them available to preorder
    Mike if I buy the Verizon model is it unlocked or would I have to activate it with a Verizon sim and then use it ?
    10-08-2018 11:34 PM
    Mike if I buy the Verizon model is it unlocked or would I have to activate it with a Verizon sim and then use it ?
    It's carrier unlocked and will take any sim.
    The only difference is the Verizon model has a locked bootloader that you can't unlock.
    10-09-2018 12:02 AM
    With the all the leaks and devices being shown everywhere, I do hope they ship asap after pre-order opens up tomorrow. Hopefully not a 2 or 3 week wait. Wishful thinking
    The Pixel 2XL Panda was quoted as apx a month and half wait for me when I went to order last year. That was me ordering on the first day but I didn't get my order in right away. The unlocked model disappeared out of my cart by the time I went to pay. I ended up with Verizon model but it came sooner than projected. Took about a month but I know people that got them sooner.
    10-09-2018 12:07 AM
    Actually the xda forums have found a way to unlock Verizon pixel bootloader's. It's not my thing but it is now possible just like most other phones ;-)
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-09-2018 12:09 AM
    It's carrier unlocked and will take any sim.
    The only difference is the Verizon model has a locked bootloader that you can't unlock.
    Thanks , I know the bootloader part . I'm done with rooting and roms those days were fun but no need .
    10-09-2018 12:23 AM
    Actually the xda forums have found a way to unlock Verizon pixel bootloader's. It's not my thing but it is now possible just like most other phones ;-)
    I think your right , I heard that also.
    10-09-2018 12:24 AM
    I was hoping the same thing. If a whole shipment of them was intercepted.... hopefully they've been being mass produced. I'd like to get my pixel XL 3 this Friday. I have a case and screen protector in hand.
    10-09-2018 12:45 AM
    The Pixel 2XL Panda was quoted as apx a month and half wait for me when I went to order last year. That was me ordering on the first day but I didn't get my order in right away. The unlocked model disappeared out of my cart by the time I went to pay. I ended up with Verizon model but it came sooner than projected. Took about a month but I know people that got them sooner.
    Don't know that I would want the Verizon model be from Google.
    10-09-2018 05:18 AM
    There's always a way that if you wait long enough or have the right resources.
    10-09-2018 06:20 AM
    Thanks , I know the bootloader part . I'm done with rooting and roms those days were fun but no need .
    I haven't rooted since the Droid X
    10-09-2018 06:21 AM
    I was hoping the same thing. If a whole shipment of them was intercepted.... hopefully they've been being mass produced. I'd like to get my pixel XL 3 this Friday. I have a case and screen protector in hand.
    I don't see it happening but good luck. I'm not sure how quick the first people to sign up got it last time. The part that bugs me is that they stop taking orders after a certain point and you have to keep checking or place your order with Verizon or Best Buy. I want the Google warranty and that's only through Google.
    milehigherik likes this.
    10-09-2018 06:25 AM
    Don't know that I would want the Verizon model be from Google.
    It's not a big deal of difference even in resale value but I want the non Verizon.
    10-09-2018 06:26 AM