10-24-2018 04:30 AM
49 12
tools
    So in thinking about this more I'm wondering what the best choice would be to purchase a Pixel 3 while I'm still in contract with my GS8 on ATT.

What I'd like to do:. Trade my GS8 in for a Pixel 3 and switch to Project Fi.

Looking for advice on the best way to do this. I still owe approx. $225 on my GS8. I'm thinking of paying it off then buying Pixel 3 from Google and trading in the GS8 if they'll take it, then switch from ATT to Fi.

Had anyone else done this and if so any advice?
    10-08-2018 08:23 PM
    So in thinking about this more I'm wondering what the best choice would be to purchase a Pixel 3 while I'm still in contract with my GS8 on ATT.

What I'd like to do:. Trade my GS8 in for a Pixel 3 and switch to Project Fi.

Looking for advice on the best way to do this. I still owe approx. $225 on my GS8. I'm thinking of paying it off then buying Pixel 3 from Google and trading in the GS8 if they'll take it, then switch from ATT to Fi.

Had anyone else done this and if so any advice?
    Sounds pretty straight forward unless I'm missing something.
    10-08-2018 08:44 PM
    Sounds pretty straight forward unless I'm missing something.
    Lol yeah it sounds that way doesn't it? I just feel like dealing with any changes with a carrier is confusing and overly complicated.
    Jordilova likes this.
    10-08-2018 09:04 PM
    Lol yeah it sounds that way doesn't it? I just feel like dealing with any changes with a carrier is confusing and overly complicated.
    It feels that way but when I switched from AT&T to Fi it was a breeze. Love the eSim.
    10-08-2018 09:46 PM
    It feels that way but when I switched from AT&T to Fi it was a breeze. Love the eSim.
    I went from Verizon to Fi without any issues. The eSimj is an added benefit.
    10-08-2018 10:14 PM
    Good to know others have made the change with out problems. I'm really looking forward to it. Thank you.
    Torisen1 likes this.
    10-08-2018 10:21 PM
    Correct me if'n I'm wrong.
    But I was told at&t don't support the Pixel phone and don't offer WiFi calling.
    10-10-2018 07:04 PM
    Correct me if'n I'm wrong.
    But I was told at&t don't support the Pixel phone and don't offer WiFi calling.
    ATT does have WiFi calling, but I don't know if it supports the Pixel. I assume it does. Why wouldn't it?
    10-10-2018 07:59 PM
    My buddy was considering a pixel, he talked to to at&t about a pixel.
    They said we can't guarantee be you will get phone calls or text messages.
    Nor software updates.
    And we don't offer WiFi calling.

I asked is At&t madd cause Verizon is the main carrier.
    10-10-2018 08:04 PM
    Nor software updates.

I asked is At&t madd cause Verizon is the main carrier.
    Wow... If they tell me that and if I really wanted the Pixel that bad I'd go home, buy a Pixel on Google store and cancel my ATT account while I sign up for Fi.

That's what I really want to do, but I feel like the gesture only nav is going to really ruin this phone for me.

I need to go play with one before I seriously consider buying and this year I will NOT preorder.
    10-10-2018 08:08 PM
    My Pixel 2XL works just fine on at&t. Updates, talk/text, VOLTE. Don't see it being any different with the 3/3XL.
    Kalvin Kerns and BCWARE like this.
    10-10-2018 08:24 PM
    My Pixel 2XL works just fine on at&t. Updates, talk/text, VOLTE. Don't see it being any different with the 3/3XL.
    Us Volte wifi calling
    10-10-2018 09:06 PM
    Everything except wifi calling should work on AT&T. Same as Pixel 2XL.
    10-10-2018 09:40 PM
    Where he lives, if wifi calling don't work, he can't use his phone at home or work.
    10-10-2018 09:50 PM
    Nor software updates.
    WiFi calling is one thing. "can't guarantee getting text and calls" is another - and it sounds like nonsense.
    Chex313 likes this.
    10-10-2018 09:56 PM
    Visual voicemail through stock phone app also didn't work for me when I had my Pixel 2 on ATT.
    10-10-2018 09:59 PM
    WiFi calling is one thing. "can't guarantee getting text and calls" is another - and it sounds like nonsense.
    Grew up with the dude.
    Both him and his wife was in the At&t store in Logan Martin lake area in Alabama.
    10-10-2018 10:01 PM
    Visual voicemail through stock phone app also didn't work for me when I had my Pixel 2 on ATT.
    Thanks for the reply.
    10-10-2018 10:08 PM
    The one thing I am disaapointed in is the fact that the Pixel 3 doesn't support AT&T LTE Band 30. The XL and 2XL did. Makes me worry that VoLTE isn't going to work now this year.
    10-10-2018 10:33 PM
    The one thing I am disaapointed in is the fact that the Pixel 3 doesn't support AT&T LTE Band 30. The XL and 2XL did. Makes me worry that VoLTE isn't going to work now this year.
    Yes it does. It doesn't support band 14 from what I read in the FCC filing.
    10-10-2018 10:54 PM
    Yeah you won't get AT&T enhanced features except for HD Voice.
    10-10-2018 11:04 PM
    I went from AT&T to Google Fi about 3.5 years ago. My advice? Don't think about it anymore. Make the change. It was a fast and easy change. The support is so much better on Fi. Plus I save a ton of money every month.

No BS about trying to charge me extra when I tether. No BS of ripping me off if I go over my data. No huge charges when I travel Internationally. For me there has been no downside with the move.
    10-10-2018 11:09 PM
    I went from AT&T to Google Fi about 3.5 years ago. My advice? Don't think about it anymore. Make the change. It was a fast and easy change. The support is so much better on Fi. Plus I save a ton of money every month.

No BS about trying to charge me extra when I tether. No BS of ripping me off if I go over my data. No huge charges when I travel Internationally. For me there has been no downside with the move.
    The only downside to going with Fi I suppose would be limited Device choices.
    10-10-2018 11:40 PM

That's the exact kind of feedback I am looking for. Considering taking my phone to Fi...wife and kids would have to remain on ATT. Did you make the switch at the ATT store or just through the website?
    10-11-2018 07:21 AM
    That's the exact kind of feedback I am looking for. Considering taking my phone to Fi...wife and kids would have to remain on ATT. Did you make the switch at the ATT store or just through the website?
    If I pick up a Pixel (big if right now with all the little things I'm not liking about the Pixels on paper), I'd go into an ATT store and tell them what I want to do.

Maybe they can give me a good reason and incentive not to switch. But that's where I'd start to make sure ATT doesn't try to charge or at least you're aware of whatever ATT wants to charge you for.
    10-11-2018 11:55 AM
49 12