Pre-order bonus $50 Google Store money for Customers that are opted in to receive marketing emails

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I received an email that if you pre-order you will get 50 dollars to spend in the Google store.

Attachments

• 39312.jpg
    39312.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 150

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pre-order bonus 50 dollars

The email was a solicitation that had nothing to do with my actual order. It was informing me about a promotion if you order by the 17th. Reading the fine print it looks like it's only for select customers if you are signed up to receive their marketing emails.

Promotional Balance Credit: Get $50 Promotional Balance when you buy Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL from Google Store. Offer valid starting on 10/9/2018 at 12am PT through 10/17/2018 at 11:59pm PT. Available only to US residents aged 18 years or older with US shipping addresses. Offer only available to select customers opted in to receive marketing emails from Google Pixel or opted in to receive personalized emails from Google Store. Customers who checkout as guests are ineligible to receive the Promotional Balance. Limit 1 per customer. Offer isn’t valid if the device is returned. Customers will receive an email notifying them Promotional Balance is added to their account within 4-6 weeks after the Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL shipment date. It’s non-transferable, and not valid for cash or a cash equivalent. Available only while supplies last. Shipping charges may apply at checkout. Void where prohibited. Promotional balance expires on 12/31/2018. Terms of sale and additional Promotional Balance terms apply:

C5Longhorn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

So, does this mean you get a free stand, $50 credit, and 6 months of free YT premium?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

So, does this mean you get a free stand, $50 credit, and 6 months of free YT premium?

Google isn't giving a free stand. I think that's Verizon.

The 50 dollar bonus is only if you are opted in to their marketing emails and you sign in with your account.

Youtube bonus is for new subscribers

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Google isn't giving a free stand. I think that's Verizon.

The 50 dollar bonus is only if you are opted in to their marketing emails and you sign in with your account.

Youtube bonus is for new subscribers

I called in to see about the promotion, and in checking on it they cancelled my order. Not the whole order mind you, just the Pixel 3, hours after I pre-ordered it and I was already slated to get it not until the 25-26th. My Google Home Hub is still on preorder through Google (mostly for my Dad to work in conjunction with the Nest Hello so he can see and respond to who's at the door easier).

So I left it at that and ordered a Pixel 3 through the My Verizon App. It'll ship on the 18th and is supposed to include the Pixel Stand. I'm still not a fan of wireless charging, but I'll give it another try. Worst case I sell it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I called in to see about the promotion, and in checking on it they cancelled my order. Not the whole order mind you, just the Pixel 3, hours after I pre-ordered it and I was already slated to get it not until the 25-26th. My Google Home Hub is still on preorder through Google (mostly for my Dad to work in conjunction with the Nest Hello so he can see and respond to who's at the door easier).

Any idea how your order got cancelled

So I left it at that and ordered a Pixel 3 through the My Verizon App. It'll ship on the 18th and is supposed to include the Pixel Stand. I'm still not a fan of wireless charging, but I'll give it another try. Worst case I sell it.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Wireless charging is great... so convenient and your device doesn't get scratched up by the charging port.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Wireless charging is great... so convenient and your device doesn't get scratched up by the charging port.
I can take it or leave it. I had wireless charging during about 3 years back. I like quick charging better. They both have their place. Wireless quick charging would be nice but I have a feeling that might generate a lot of heat.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I just set it down when I am near a wireless charger and it gets me through the day even on a heavy day. If I need fast I will just plug it in for a few.

I have wireless charger at home, work, and in the car so I pretty much always have one near.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just set it down when I am near a wireless charger and it gets me through the day even on a heavy day. If I need fast I will just plug it in for a few.

I have wireless charger at home, work, and in the car so I pretty much always have one near.

Like I always say....if it works for you it must be right

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
On my desk at work. Lol
9b9ad7d5ebfdb56fa7591033f1e644e0.jpg

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I can take it or leave it. I had wireless charging during about 3 years back. I like quick charging better. They both have their place. Wireless quick charging would be nice but I have a feeling that might generate a lot of heat.
Samsung has slow and fast wireless charging.

Heard the note 9 wireless charging has a fan.
Hope the pixel stand has one.
Cause if its a fast charger. And you leave it on too long. If its like the Samsung it can get hot.