I received an email that if you pre-order you will get 50 dollars to spend in the Google store.
    Attached Thumbnails Pre-order bonus  Google Store money for Customers that are opted in to receive marketing emails-39312.jpg  
    10-09-2018 12:29 PM
    woo!
    10-09-2018 12:34 PM
    Didn't get anything by email and nothing shown on my preorder either.
    10-09-2018 12:43 PM
    didn't get that either!
    10-09-2018 12:46 PM
    Didn't get anything by email and nothing shown on my preorder either.
    It doesn't come up on pre-order but as long as you order within timeframe by the 17th you should be good
    10-09-2018 12:47 PM
    Ordered before email arrived - got nothing
    10-09-2018 12:49 PM
    I pre-ordered, but did not get the email offer.😒
    10-09-2018 01:04 PM
    The email was a solicitation that had nothing to do with my actual order. It was informing me about a promotion if you order by the 17th. Reading the fine print it looks like it's only for select customers if you are signed up to receive their marketing emails.

Promotional Balance Credit: Get $50 Promotional Balance when you buy Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL from Google Store. Offer valid starting on 10/9/2018 at 12am PT through 10/17/2018 at 11:59pm PT. Available only to US residents aged 18 years or older with US shipping addresses. Offer only available to select customers opted in to receive marketing emails from Google Pixel or opted in to receive personalized emails from Google Store. Customers who checkout as guests are ineligible to receive the Promotional Balance. Limit 1 per customer. Offer isn’t valid if the device is returned. Customers will receive an email notifying them Promotional Balance is added to their account within 4-6 weeks after the Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL shipment date. It’s non-transferable, and not valid for cash or a cash equivalent. Available only while supplies last. Shipping charges may apply at checkout. Void where prohibited. Promotional balance expires on 12/31/2018. Terms of sale and additional Promotional Balance terms apply:
    10-09-2018 01:09 PM
    So, does this mean you get a free stand, $50 credit, and 6 months of free YT premium?
    10-09-2018 01:40 PM
    So, does this mean you get a free stand, $50 credit, and 6 months of free YT premium?
    Google isn't giving a free stand. I think that's Verizon.

The 50 dollar bonus is only if you are opted in to their marketing emails and you sign in with your account.

Youtube bonus is for new subscribers
    Law2138 likes this.
    10-09-2018 01:43 PM
    Ahh, ok. Thanks for the clarification.
    10-09-2018 01:48 PM
    Google isn't giving a free stand. I think that's Verizon.

The 50 dollar bonus is only if you are opted in to their marketing emails and you sign in with your account.

Youtube bonus is for new subscribers
    I called in to see about the promotion, and in checking on it they cancelled my order. Not the whole order mind you, just the Pixel 3, hours after I pre-ordered it and I was already slated to get it not until the 25-26th. My Google Home Hub is still on preorder through Google (mostly for my Dad to work in conjunction with the Nest Hello so he can see and respond to who's at the door easier).

So I left it at that and ordered a Pixel 3 through the My Verizon App. It'll ship on the 18th and is supposed to include the Pixel Stand. I'm still not a fan of wireless charging, but I'll give it another try. Worst case I sell it.
    10-09-2018 02:17 PM
    I called in to see about the promotion, and in checking on it they cancelled my order. Not the whole order mind you, just the Pixel 3, hours after I pre-ordered it and I was already slated to get it not until the 25-26th. My Google Home Hub is still on preorder through Google (mostly for my Dad to work in conjunction with the Nest Hello so he can see and respond to who's at the door easier).

Any idea how your order got cancelled

So I left it at that and ordered a Pixel 3 through the My Verizon App. It'll ship on the 18th and is supposed to include the Pixel Stand. I'm still not a fan of wireless charging, but I'll give it another try. Worst case I sell it.
    10-09-2018 02:20 PM

Wireless charging is great... so convenient and your device doesn't get scratched up by the charging port.
    10-09-2018 02:47 PM
    Wireless charging is great... so convenient and your device doesn't get scratched up by the charging port.
    I can take it or leave it. I had wireless charging during about 3 years back. I like quick charging better. They both have their place. Wireless quick charging would be nice but I have a feeling that might generate a lot of heat.
    ClintRo likes this.
    10-09-2018 03:02 PM
    I just set it down when I am near a wireless charger and it gets me through the day even on a heavy day. If I need fast I will just plug it in for a few.

I have wireless charger at home, work, and in the car so I pretty much always have one near.
    10-09-2018 03:05 PM
    I just set it down when I am near a wireless charger and it gets me through the day even on a heavy day. If I need fast I will just plug it in for a few.

I have wireless charger at home, work, and in the car so I pretty much always have one near.
    Like I always say....if it works for you it must be right
    ClintRo likes this.
    10-09-2018 03:09 PM
    On my desk at work. Lol
    10-09-2018 03:18 PM
    That's pretty messed up for not letting people know about that offer. I'm sure tons of people unchecked the marketing emails.
    10-09-2018 03:19 PM
    I can take it or leave it. I had wireless charging during about 3 years back. I like quick charging better. They both have their place. Wireless quick charging would be nice but I have a feeling that might generate a lot of heat.
    Samsung has slow and fast wireless charging.

Heard the note 9 wireless charging has a fan.
    Hope the pixel stand has one.
    Cause if its a fast charger. And you leave it on too long. If its like the Samsung it can get hot.
    10-09-2018 03:53 PM
    I've already detailed the reasons I don't care for wireless charging in another thread, so I'm not going into it again here. Plus I'll have to remove my case before charging since I use magnetic phone holders in my vehicles.

And my phone isn't scratched up from using the charging port either. Now a lesser man would make a joke about not being able to hit the hole, but that's just not me.
    10-09-2018 04:17 PM
    Lol... It's cool like you don't like it. I have not having it so I added it to my p2xl
    10-09-2018 04:22 PM
    After seeing issues with first batch of devices (any manufacturer), I did say it is better to play a waiting game.
    10-09-2018 04:24 PM
    That's pretty messed up for not letting people know about that offer. I'm sure tons of people unchecked the marketing emails.
    It's an incentive designed for people who subscribe to their emails....if you don't subscribe you lose. I don't see a problem with that.
    10-09-2018 04:30 PM
    It's an incentive designed for people who subscribe to their emails....if you don't subscribe you lose. I don't see a problem with that.
    It'd be nice if they had mentioned it.
    10-09-2018 04:46 PM
71 123