Best buy demo units

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Dropped by my local best buy to check out the pixel 3 demo units. Was undecided between the Pixel 3 XL and Pixel 3 but after playing with them for 10-15 minutes Pixel 3 is too small for me. Going to cancel my pixel 3 order and keep the Pixel 3 XL order. Screens on both them look absolutely stunning, if you are worried based on Pixel 2 then fear not. They are almost in the level of iPhone Xs and Samsung displays. Everything felt super snappy, notch looks bad in pictures but honestly in person completely fine. I'm used to notch phones so there may be some bias there but doesn't look bad IMO.

IMG_1078.jpg
IMG_1077.jpg
IMG_1075.jpg
IMG_1073.jpg
IMG_1074.jpg
IMG_1076.jpg

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow that’s quick guess I’ll have to my Best Buy tomorrow to check them out.

Definitely not buying as I think they’re hot garbage but I always like checking out the new hotness.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Dropped by Best Buy. Best Google display they have ever put out.

Saw the XL only in Black. The small 3 was out in Pink and White. The Not So Pink is definitely not for me. To call it Pink at all is an overstatement. More like a pinkish beige. The black is nice and has the most two tone look. I was apprehensive on the white because it looked bland during the leaks but a little better during the event and on the Google store. In person the white is more stunning. The black is nice but I don't think it's much different from the 2 series except it's all glass. The satin part of the phone actually looks more like an extremely dark grey and the glossy finish is jet black. This gives it distinctive two tone look. The white looks very similar in color from top to bottom and the only contrast and distinction is the gloss.

The notch looks less intrusive in person, however I didn't have any apprehension to it to begin with. I couldn't disable the notch because DEV mode requires a password. The screen is very nice and I didn't notice any blue shift but I forgot to deliberately look for it. If it was present I would have noticed because I did have on a light background and did view it at different angles. The display unit was on at Max brightness soI imagine it will end up with burn in.

Picture of 3XL below

Attachments

• 39344.jpg
    39344.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 89

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Dropped by Best Buy. Best Google display they have ever put out.

Saw the XL only in Black. The small 3 was out in Pink and White. The Not So Pink is definitely not for me. To call it Pink at all is an overstatement. More like a pinkish beige. The black is nice and has the most two tone look. I was apprehensive on the white because it looked bland during the leaks but a little better during the event and on the Google store. In person the white is more stunning. The black is nice but I don't think it's much different from the 2 series except it's all glass. The satin part of the phone actually looks more like an extremely dark grey and the glossy finish is jet black. This gives it distinctive two tone look. The white looks very similar in color from top to bottom and the only contrast and distinction is the gloss.

The notch looks less intrusive in person, however I didn't have any apprehension to it to begin with. I couldn't disable the notch because DEV mode requires a password. The screen is very nice and I didn't notice any blue shift but I forgot to deliberately look for it. If it was present I would have noticed because I did have on a light background and did view it at different angles. The display unit was on at Max brightness soI imagine it will end up with burn in.

Picture of 3XL below

Tell me about the back compared to the 2xl?

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Just hard which one to pull the trigger regular 3 or 3xl
I think the 3xl is winking and smiling at me but just not sure

Bigger is better - in Pixels and Mustang motors - I am really thinking about canceling the P3 and going with an XL - may have to go to BB tomorrow and see if they have a display

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech