Any Pixel 2 owners willing to wait til the Pixel 4?

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Right a camera and speaker that could have been in an upper chin made smaller with better time engineering .... Face it the notch is just to copy Apple and give the illusion of a full screen phone but it fails in function and design. But go ahead and defend your purchase.
I don't need to defend my purchase. And yes you are right... Google just wants to copy Apple.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 2XL this past summer and will likely keep it for 2 years. I will probably pick up a carrier discounted 4. Or if I'm feeling rich I will get a 5.

Or, if BlackBerry/TCL still exist and put something out that tempts me I will go back to black.

I'm in the same boat as you! Especially with regards to BB! I'd love to go back to them.

slappydapimp

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
My biggest concern is the lack of a 6/8 GB of ram option. My Pixel 2 XL consistently runs at 3.3GB of memory usage and it shows in the lag of day to day usage. The lack of a memory upgrade is a complete deal killer and what guarantee do I have that they won't brick a new 3 XL like they did my 2 XL!! Also the lack of 4x4 MIMO and a 256GB internal storage option. This is such an incremental upgrade and I will not pay $1000+ for a Pixel phone that does not have these options.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My biggest concern is the lack of a 6/8 GB of ram option. My Pixel 2 XL consistently runs at 3.3GB of memory usage and it shows in the lag of day to day usage. The lack of a memory upgrade is a complete deal killer and what guarantee do I have that they won't brick a new 3 XL like they did my 2 XL!! Also the lack of 4x4 MIMO and a 256GB internal storage option. This is such an incremental upgrade and I will not pay $1000+ for a Pixel phone that does not have these options.

The 845 processor makes it snappy

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You can get the note 9 about same price or cheaper and the p3 doesn't even come close. I had nothing but problems with the pixel 2 xl. I just want something that works and not get a monthly update that breaks something.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I hope no 5G. I could see the price rise even more with that and what for a few major cities having it for the first few years.

This makes me think back to when Sprint started charging an extra $10 a month for "data premium's" just for having a phone that was capable of faster data lol

gadgetfan

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Finally picked up a Pixel 2 over the summer, and not seeing a big enough spec bump to make it worth the investment so soon. P4 seems more realistic for me.

Looking forward to hearing more on the P3s once they're in peoples' hands, though.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I passed on the Pixel 3/ Pixel 3 XL.
To early for me to say for sure if I will upgrade to the Pixel 4 at this time. Oct. 4 ,2019 I will know :)

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
If TMobile had offered their credit towards the 3 xl like they did with the other pixels and i could've gotten the 3xl for around $400, I would've jumped on it. Since most of the software features are coming to the 2xl, I don't really feel the need to upgrade this year. The nicer screen and speakers are the only things tempting me ??????

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If TMobile had offered their credit towards the 3 xl like they did with the other pixels and i could've gotten the 3xl for around $400, I would've jumped on it. Since most of the software features are coming to the 2xl, I don't really feel the need to upgrade this year. The nicer screen and speakers are the only things tempting me 🤔

Maybe later they will have that deal.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe later they will have that deal.

I'm hoping, but the last couple years i believe they announced it right after Google's presentation. This year they put out a press release saying their Network was the fastest for Pixel phones.

Honestly though, my 2xl performs so well that I'm not really too concerned about upgrading. If the 3xl was a vast upgrade to the 2, then I'd buy it regardless.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much! I'll probably buy them. I tend to buy cheap headphones and replace them with another cheap set; so I go through two or three pairs a year (on average). So if I bought a more expensive pair it'd probably save me a decent amount of money!
I used to do that with my child. She would get through the cheap ones quickly. I bought her a pair of Bose and they lasted 2 years! They were £80! But I saved a fortune. She replaced them with the same again.

I think the google ones should last a good while as they are well made and I think relatively cheap for all their functions and the quality of them.

And congratulations again!!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait longer to upgrade my handsets now than before. Anyone feeling the same?

I pre-ordered the white XL 3. Not a huge upgrade, but the camera for me is huge and having it be slightly better + the new better OLED display when it comes to colors etc sold me. Besides I upgrade my phone every year. Also i really like the way the all white pixel 3 xl looks.

I agree might not be worth upgrading for everyone, but if you have money to throw at Google I think it's still a decent upgrade, just not as big as it was when it came from upgrading the pixel 1 XL to the pixel 2 XL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc