Any Pixel 2 owners willing to wait til the Pixel 4?

Dean Liensdorf

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I hear you. The big factor for me is the price hike. I'm just SMH. Using the same 845 chip in all the other flagships, no change to RAM or storage, and changing to an all glass back for wireless charging just aren't enough for me. The fast charger on the 2 is plenty quick for me.

Dean Liensdorf

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Oh wow. And the max is even more expensive than the 3XL. It's sad that the manufacturer's keep bumping up the prices. But as long as people pay it they're not going to change. Just my two pfennig.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Said this on another post but here I go again.

From some of the rumours it is the HTC design team making the P4. So hoping it will be a more innovative design next year. It's as if the old Google team decided to just phone it in this year. The P3 is like the 's' iteration on iPhones. An incremental update. Not a fully fledged new design at all. And the P3XL is like some weird P2XL/iPhone X hybrid clone thingy.

A proper upgrade for someone with a 2 year old OG Pixel but not worth it really for a proud 2/2XL owner.

JMHO

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Said this on another post but here I go again.

From some of the rumours it is the HTC design team making the P4. So hoping it will be a more innovative design next year. It's as if the old Google team decided to just phone it in this year. The P3 is like the 's' iteration on iPhones. An incremental update. Not a fully fledged new design at all. And the P3XL is like some weird P2XL/iPhone X hybrid clone thingy.

A proper upgrade for someone with a 2 year old OG Pixel but not worth it really for a proud 2/2XL owner.

JMHO

I think the the upgrade is much more than an "S" style iteration.

anon(8532178)

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm a Pixel 1 owner who's willing to wait until the Pixel 4, or until my phone stops working satisfactorily. Honestly removing the headphone jack was a pretty big dealbreaker for me, enough to make the Pixel 1 a better phone than its successors for me.

Guess I'll include all Pixel owners then lol.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am keeping my P2XL 128GB Panda version. The trade in price was not very enticing.
I will keep an eye out on Swappa / eBay for a Pixel 3 starting November.
I am guessing there might be a few good deals around the time Samsung launches the S10 so most likely I will pick one up at that time.

junjie1

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from Nexus 6P to Pixel 2 XL because I didn't think there was much of a benefit in 1st gen Pixel.

Although I can tolerate it, I'm not too happy with the screen issues of Pixel 2 XL.

All good things coming to 3 XL - camera features updates, IP68 upgrade, better screen (hopefully), security update, etc have inspired me to order the white Pixel 3 XL.

By the way, my current Pixel 2 XL is black while most of my old phones have always been white. I guess 2 XL was really not meant to be. White 2 XL was sold out when I got it last year and I wanted to have the new phone on a trip. Which unfortunately did not arrive before my flight because the person that processed my order did not expedite shipping although it was paid for. Can't wait to get my hands on the 3 XL.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
If the prices of the 2 come down to about half price like the 1 did I'll pick up a 2xl...... otherwise I'll wait until the 3 is no longer the latest and greatest and pick one up new dirt cheap. That's the nice thing about liking niche phones, they don't sell as well so there's always last year's models available, new, well after the new models have come out. If you're willing to stay a step or two behind you can have flagship phones for budget prices ;-)

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
But when I heard 2xl will be getting most of the software updates I decided to wait till the 4 next year,

That's what I heard somewhere too. In Marques Brownlee's review at the 8:01 mark he states the only software feature coming to the other Pixels is Shush Mode. Hope he's wrong. :confused:

Rob Henry1

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I will be waiting for the P4, because I have payments left and I really like the P2... BUT... that wireless charging has me waffling...

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I bought my 2XL this past summer and will likely keep it for 2 years. I will probably pick up a carrier discounted 4. Or if I'm feeling rich I will get a 5.

Or, if BlackBerry/TCL still exist and put something out that tempts me I will go back to black.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting. I cannot see enough improvement to move to the P3 from my P2 and the notch, which serves zero purpose other than copying apple and giving fraction amount if screen serves zero purpose and would drive me crazy.

Had they bumped the ram and made signifigant improvements in the camera and or even any other compelling features I'd upgrade.

Even the trade in, $335 for my P2 XL 128gb is a joke.

When you combine the price, low trade in and meh spec bump of the P2 XL it's easy to skip.

I did order the new USB C ear buds however.
A notch that serves zero purpose other than to house....

Google said the second camera captures "184 percent more of the scene" as the iPhone XS, so if you need a wide angle the Pixel 3 might be your best bet.

So yes... Save your money for something less meh.

marcb11

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
A notch that serves zero purpose other than to house....

Google said the second camera captures "184 percent more of the scene" as the iPhone XS, so if you need a wide angle the Pixel 3 might be your best bet.

So yes... Save your money for something less meh.
Right a camera and speaker that could have been in an upper chin made smaller with better time engineering .... Face it the notch is just to copy Apple and give the illusion of a full screen phone but it fails in function and design. But go ahead and defend your purchase.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Got my Pixel earbuds. My concession to the P3. £30 from Google Store. They look pretty good.
e01f264f143e21b6738caf789a2aeed0.jpg
4d98361e071eca7144ee4f9a3a6279b7.jpg

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting an iPhone or OnePlus. Haven't decided yet. I would probably just keep my P2, which I generally like, but it is so laggy at times and locks up. Plus it has major issues connecting to my car through Android Auto, which is a big deal for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678