10-11-2018 04:05 PM
81 1234
tools
    The one thing that's really got me holding off is the gestures only nav. What are your thoughts on it? I really enjoy the normal three button Android nav and don't really want to relearn at this stage.
    Gone bite the bullet Kalv. Gestures are the future in your hands today! Come on with us!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-10-2018 09:46 PM
    Um, so you suggesting to get Pixel 3XL rather than 2XL?
    10-10-2018 10:47 PM
    When you hide the notch does it stay hidden when you watch full screen video or play games? Also, does the tray icons stay in the blacked out area?
    10-10-2018 11:08 PM
    Sorry I couldn't figure out a way to say it without at least fake #@&^!!&-ing
    You have nothing to apologize for
    10-10-2018 11:10 PM
    Question, I received an email from "Google" asking me to share my thoughts on new products recently. I'm not sure of it's authenticity because of the recent report about G+ but that happened a while back.

I think it would be awesome if legit. Any suggestions? Sorry off topic.
    I’m with Mario. If you get the chance to participate, absolutely do it. I did a couple in the spring this year.
    10-10-2018 11:38 PM
    I’m with Mario. If you get the chance to participate, absolutely do it. I did a couple in the spring this year.
    I did, they say I'm a good candidate from my answers.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    10-10-2018 11:41 PM
    The back doesn't actually have a coating. The back glass is actually etched. I found this from a number of different sources.
    10-11-2018 12:08 AM
    The back doesn't actually have a coating. The back glass is actually etched. I found this from a number of different sources.
    Yeah...the feel creates the illusion of a coating. Definitely grippier the the 2XL Panda
    10-11-2018 05:09 AM
    Have you tried disabling the notch to see if the notifications get pushed down or remain inline with the notch?
    Yes they get pushed down. I sent feedback in on it and tweeted to madebygoogle to ask if they're going to fix. That dev option is not what they say it is, it is meant for devs to test what their app will look like on a phone without a notch.
    10-11-2018 06:25 AM
    When you hide the notch does it stay hidden when you watch full screen video or play games? Also, does the tray icons stay in the blacked out area?
    As far as I can tell it stays black regardless of app. The icons are not staying in the blacked out area on mine.
    strikeIII likes this.
    10-11-2018 06:26 AM
    Was curious, how does one become a product tester? I would love to test google products, I'm a huge tech nerd And would love too.
    Start here: https://userresearch.google.com/
    strikeIII likes this.
    10-11-2018 06:30 AM
    As far as I can tell it stays black regardless of app. The icons are not staying in the blacked out area on mine.
    Good to know thanks. I hope when Google officially releases the option to black out the top they also give the option to keep the tray icons up there as well.
    10-11-2018 06:33 AM
    Good to know thanks. I hope when Google officially releases the option to black out the top they also give the option to keep the tray icons up there as well.
    Me too
    strikeIII likes this.
    10-11-2018 06:34 AM
    I hope they change it mostly for the sake of others. I will probably not disable my because I don't have an issue with the screen flowing into the corners.
    10-11-2018 07:31 AM
    Love everything about it
    10-11-2018 07:34 AM
    I hope they change it mostly for the sake of others. I will probably not disable my because I don't have an issue with the screen flowing into the corners.
    I never turned it off on my 1+6 I like the look better and plus you can set the notch for each app
    10-11-2018 07:36 AM
    I might have to switch from Samsung to the 3XL...
    10-11-2018 07:59 AM
    I participated in a webinar interview this year
    DMP89145 likes this.
    10-11-2018 08:23 AM
    Yeah I don't hide it, might change if they do add the notifications up there and black out the rest, but I don't mind the robot face
    10-11-2018 08:27 AM
    Yeah I don't hide it, might change if they do add the notifications up there and black out the rest, but I don't mind the robot face
    Johnny 5....aliveI am loving the @#&^!* out of the Pixel 3 XL.  I like it better than the 3 and the 2XL.-xtitnqpmg6ap8k4mra.gifI am loving the @#&^!* out of the Pixel 3 XL.  I like it better than the 3 and the 2XL.-27p3eknarh4c.gif
    10-11-2018 10:16 AM
    I don't have the device yet, but I'm stopping by best buy everyday. Every time I play with both Pixel 3 and XL, I prefer the XL over the smaller one. Something about the 3 XL it's much more better feeling IMO. I currently have both devices on pre order and was planning to cancel one of them before they start processing orders. I'm 90% sure that I'm going to cancel my pixel 3 order and keep the XL order.
    10-11-2018 10:31 AM
    I don't have the device yet, but I'm stopping by best buy everyday. Every time I play with both Pixel 3 and XL, I prefer the XL over the smaller one. Something about the 3 XL it's much more better feeling IMO. I currently have both devices on pre order and was planning to cancel one of them before they start processing orders. I'm 90% sure that I'm going to cancel my pixel 3 order and keep the XL order.
    Yeah if I was getting one the XL would be it for me. The notch isn't a huge thing to me like it is for some others.
    bhatech likes this.
    10-11-2018 10:33 AM
    No way I'm going back to a smaller phone. The decision was easy for me....in fact I would have preferred even larger.
    bhatech likes this.
    10-11-2018 10:34 AM
    I like the XL more than the 3 personally
    bhatech likes this.
    10-11-2018 10:34 AM
    Yeah if I was getting one the XL would be it for me. The notch isn't a huge thing to me like it is for some others.
    Yeah agree, notch is deeper than others but doesn't bother me. Granted I'm used to notch phones but in person the notch on the 3 XL doesn't look that obstructing as compared to how it's shown on the pics.
    10-11-2018 10:36 AM
81 1234