I am loving the @#&^!* out of the Pixel 3 XL. I like it better than the 3 and the 2XL.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
The one thing that's really got me holding off is the gestures only nav. What are your thoughts on it? I really enjoy the normal three button Android nav and don't really want to relearn at this stage.
Can't comment well I've been using the gestures exclusively for months and the buttons feel qerkr to me now

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
The one thing that's really got me holding off is the gestures only nav. What are your thoughts on it? I really enjoy the normal three button Android nav and don't really want to relearn at this stage.

It took me less than 30 minutes to get used to them using the option on my 2 XL. It's faster and I've had no urge to switch back.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
The one thing that's really got me holding off is the gestures only nav. What are your thoughts on it?

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated! It's almost as easy as falling off a log to get the hang of it. Short swipe up for recent apps, long swipe up for app drawer, back button is still there, home button is still the home button. Piece of cake.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated! It's almost as easy as falling off a log to get the hang of it. Short swipe up for recent apps, long swipe up for app drawer, back button is still there, home button is still the home button. Piece of cake.

Cool. Curious how the new features work with Nova. Then again, I wonder if Nova will be necessary.

I've really gotten to love Nova Prime with my Samsung's. That includes their gestures... Ironically, lol.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

Gone bite the bullet Kalv. Gestures are the future in your hands today! Come on with us!

Last edited:

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
When you hide the notch does it stay hidden when you watch full screen video or play games? Also, does the tray icons stay in the blacked out area?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Question, I received an email from "Google" asking me to share my thoughts on new products recently. I'm not sure of it's authenticity because of the recent report about G+ but that happened a while back.

I think it would be awesome if legit. Any suggestions? Sorry off topic.

I’m with Mario. If you get the chance to participate, absolutely do it. I did a couple in the spring this year.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The back doesn't actually have a coating. The back glass is actually etched. I found this from a number of different sources.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried disabling the notch to see if the notifications get pushed down or remain inline with the notch?
Yes they get pushed down. I sent feedback in on it and tweeted to madebygoogle to ask if they're going to fix. That dev option is not what they say it is, it is meant for devs to test what their app will look like on a phone without a notch.