I am loving the @#&^!* out of the Pixel 3 XL. I like it better than the 3 and the 2XL.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can tell it stays black regardless of app. The icons are not staying in the blacked out area on mine.
Good to know thanks. I hope when Google officially releases the option to black out the top they also give the option to keep the tray icons up there as well.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
As far as I can tell it stays black regardless of app. The icons are not staying in the blacked out area on mine.

I hope they change it mostly for the sake of others. I will probably not disable my because I don't have an issue with the screen flowing into the corners.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I hope they change it mostly for the sake of others. I will probably not disable my because I don't have an issue with the screen flowing into the corners.

I never turned it off on my 1+6 I like the look better and plus you can set the notch for each app

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site

Yeah I don't hide it, might change if they do add the notifications up there and black out the rest, but I don't mind the robot face

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the device yet, but I'm stopping by best buy everyday. Every time I play with both Pixel 3 and XL, I prefer the XL over the smaller one. Something about the 3 XL it's much more better feeling IMO. I currently have both devices on pre order and was planning to cancel one of them before they start processing orders. I'm 90% sure that I'm going to cancel my pixel 3 order and keep the XL order.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the device yet, but I'm stopping by best buy everyday. Every time I play with both Pixel 3 and XL, I prefer the XL over the smaller one. Something about the 3 XL it's much more better feeling IMO. I currently have both devices on pre order and was planning to cancel one of them before they start processing orders. I'm 90% sure that I'm going to cancel my pixel 3 order and keep the XL order.

Yeah if I was getting one the XL would be it for me. The notch isn't a huge thing to me like it is for some others.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

No way I'm going back to a smaller phone. The decision was easy for me....in fact I would have preferred even larger.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site

I like the XL more than the 3 personally

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah if I was getting one the XL would be it for me. The notch isn't a huge thing to me like it is for some others.

Yeah agree, notch is deeper than others but doesn't bother me. Granted I'm used to notch phones but in person the notch on the 3 XL doesn't look that obstructing as compared to how it's shown on the pics.

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Itsa_Me_Mario - In spending a short time indoors with both the 3 and the 3 XL, I noticed a fairly distinct difference between the two with regards to the wide angle lens (odd, since internals are the same). Specifically regarding contrast and exposure levels with portait mode turned off. One had low contrast yet was very prone to overexposure and looked washed out.

Granted this was indoors with demo units, and strictly viewing the images on that phone's screen (and not an independent, calibrated monitor). However, despite trying to eliminate variables, the difference remained substantial.

If you have a moment, would you mind doing a side by side comparison of both wide angle lenses (especially indoors) and see if you notice the difference as well?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Itsa_Me_Mario - In spending a short time indoors with both the 3 and the 3 XL, I noticed a fairly distinct difference between the two with regards to the wide angle lens (odd, since internals are the same). Specifically regarding contrast and exposure levels with portait mode turned off. One had low contrast yet was very prone to overexposure and looked washed out.

Granted this was indoors with demo units, and strictly viewing the images on that phone's screen (and not an independent, calibrated monitor). However, despite trying to eliminate variables, the difference remained substantial.

If you have a moment, would you mind doing a side by side comparison of both wide angle lenses (especially indoors) and see if you notice the difference as well?

I normally would blame it on the difference in apertures but it shouldn't be that substantial

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie