notification led on pixel 3?

fjleon

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
there was a tweet by google confirming they removed the feature, however there are some contradicting reports.

does anyone know anything?

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
there was a tweet by google confirming they removed the feature, however there are some contradicting reports.

does anyone know anything?

Oh man... I forgot about that. I seriously hope it wasn't removed. Yet another potential reason not to buy, dang.

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I am with you guys. I forgot all about this. It is something I use all the time but don't give any thought to. Not a deal breaker. But for me this would be a much bigger deal than losing the headphone jack.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I love that feature..I hope it's not true

It would mean a bigger notch.
I ended up turning mine off. I get too many notifications so it was on most of the time. Kind of defeats the purpose of having it.
For my usage it's not a big deal because I keep it in my pocket most of the time or at my desk. I understand how it is important for some and handy it may be.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Of course one can live without a notification light. But my s9 has one and my pixel won't. Making my decision to wait for the s10 that much easier.

Also no excuse for getting rid of it for the regular pixel 3 at least.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It would mean a bigger notch.
I ended up turning mine off. I get too many notifications so it was on most of the time. Kind of defeats the purpose of having it.
For my usage it's not a big deal because I keep it in my pocket most of the time or at my desk. I understand how it is important for some and handy it may be.

It's handy , because I leave it sometimes on my tool box while working and it's across the room and when I see the light flash I know to check my phone

legion125

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Notification lights certainly make things easier. Looks like there was plenty of room to put one on the 3 and the big ol notch on the XL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel