I have a Pixel 3 XL 128gb in Black on order. I am looking forward to Google having finally added wireless charging. That said in my vehicles I use magnetic mounts which require the use a a metal plate on the back of the phone. It is covered by a case so asethically not a big deal.

What I don't know is am I going to be able to use wireless charging with the plate in place? It does not cover the entire back plate or anything. But I don't know how forgiving the charging is.
    10-11-2018 12:21 AM
    I've run into issues with a metal plate and wireless charging. For better results place the metal plate as low as possible.
    10-11-2018 12:44 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I'll talk with Google about it at some point. Worst case I'll remove my case before charging. Although I'm not even sure I'll make use of wireless charging.
    10-11-2018 01:20 AM
    Wireless charging can be really nice. One benefit that's often overlooked is reduced wear & tear on the USB-C port. Some of the magnet mounts are starting to use a metal ring plate instead of a solid round plate to put with the phone, to leave open space for wireless charging to work through. Might check into that.

That said, has anyone tested the Pixel 3 / 3XL to see if they might already be compatible with a magnet mount? Just because the back is glass doesn't mean there isn't a chance that some metal innards would provide adequate ability to attach to a magnet...
    10-18-2018 04:43 PM
    Sounds to me like mag mounts were popularized by iPhones that haven't had wireless charging until very recently. For those of us that have enjoyed wireless charging for a long time, mag mounts were never an option. They are great for use on travel when I'm not around my wireless chargers and when I need to mount the phone in a rental car.

I use proclip mounts in my cars and I custom made a phone holder that uses a wireless charging pad. Drop in the phone and it starts charging immediately.
    anon(1733) likes this.
    10-19-2018 09:33 AM
    Proclip does make fantastic holders.
    Sounds to me like mag mounts were popularized by iPhones that haven't had wireless charging until very recently. For those of us that have enjoyed wireless charging for a long time, mag mounts were never an option. They are great for use on travel when I'm not around my wireless chargers and when I need to mount the phone in a rental car.

I use proclip mounts in my cars and I custom made a phone holder that uses a wireless charging pad. Drop in the phone and it starts charging immediately.
    10-19-2018 06:21 PM
    So Im looking at grabbing a wireless charger and it says for the 10w fast charge to use a QC 2.0/3.0 charger. I have an Anker charger. Any idea if this would work for fast charging?

10-19-2018 08:16 PM