No LED Notification??

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I was reading a piece on XDA on the P3 and they say no notification light??
This is really disappointing.
My OG Pixel bricked 10 days ago and I had to pick up a budget phone (Motog6) to tide me over until the P3 ships and this phone doesn't have notification led and I hate it...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My OG Pixel bricked 10 days ago and I had to pick up a budget phone (Motog6) to tide me over until the P3 ships and this phone doesn't have notification led and I hate it...

I know it's definitely not on the 3XL because it probably wouldn't fit on the notch. I'm not sure about the smaller 3

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Just verified that there is no setting to toggle the feature or hardware to support a notification light.

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
disappointing...I know many feel AOD is a suitable replacement, but the notification light was a great discreet way to see if I had a text from afar...

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
disappointing...I know many feel AOD is a suitable replacement, but the notification light was a great discreet way to see if I had a text from afar...

Agree 100%! No LED is a little bit of a let down for me too. I completely enjoy having a notification light specifically for the reason you mentioned.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I've owned a Motorola phone of 1 type or another for the last 6 years or more and haven't had led notfication in all that time . It's nice not having a LED blinking at you . If the Pixels do it the same way as the Moto phones you can just wave your hand over the screen and your phone will show you any notifications you have.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I've owned a Motorola phone of 1 type or another for the last 6 years or more and haven't had led notfication in all that time . It's nice not having a LED blinking at you . If the Pixels do it the same way as the Moto phones you can just wave your hand over the screen and your phone will show you any notifications you have.

Ok if I'm being completely honest I should say the main reason I want to see the LED is to make sure it's charging correctly when it's plugged in.

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I've also owned a MotoX and am using a g6 for the time being since my Pixel bricked.
Nobody does AOD better than Moto and if Google kept that when they sold Motorola it would have been great. For me AOD is a different function. Useful when the phone is right in front of you. But being able to glance at my phone from across the room is very useful.

djisia87

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
"Cough, cough" Razer2 has led notification

What about when the feature called when the screen lights up similar to moto x 2014. I am using Moto E5 Cruise as temp phone until my P3XL comes in and no led notification

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I use Light Manager and I can enable a particular color (I use solid green) when it is charged. That way I can tell at a glance when it's done charging. I also use different colors for my different apps and it was very handy to see if an email was from my personal account or work account or if it was a text that came through. I love the LED light and am bummed if it's gone from here on out.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Damn, notification light is pretty much a must have feature for me. Probably rules out the pixel this year for me. I'll be sticking with my s9 until I see what the op6 and s10 have to offer.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I use Light Manager and I can enable a particular color (I use solid green) when it is charged. That way I can tell at a glance when it's done charging. I also use different colors for my different apps and it was very handy to see if an email was from my personal account or work account or if it was a text that came through. I love the LED light and am bummed if it's gone from here on out.

Same here with the charging light etc.

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Having it available at least allows a user to choose to use it or turn it off.
Given the price jump it's just frustrating...for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2