No LED Notification??

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Having no LED and forcing the gestures makes me feel like the pixel line is slowly turning into Google's vision of a better iPhone. I was willing to give the gestures a try and I did with my OG pixel. While I could get use to them switching between the last 2 used apps isn't no where near as easy as what we have now with just double clicking the recents button.
Now they've done away with the notification light. Why ?
So the only thing left that's attracting me to the pixel 3 is the camera .
Honestly my s9 takes some really nice pics not quite as good as my pixel 2 but plenty good enough for me.

Hopefully Samsung s10 will really be a home run .

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'll be sticking with my s9 for now, this being taken away was the last straw for me. S9 is still very good, and it HAS a notification light and no notch!.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Moto X 2014 was great with the LED display and the way you could have your hand or look at the display.

Yes but with a light, you don't have to be any where near the phone to see you got a notification. With light manager/light flow you could assign the colors and let you know exactly what type of notification you got.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Having no LED and forcing the gestures makes me feel like the pixel line is slowly turning into Google's vision of a better iPhone. I was willing to give the gestures a try and I did with my OG pixel. While I could get use to them switching between the last 2 used apps isn't no where near as easy as what we have now with just double clicking the recents button.
Honestly my s9 takes some really nice pics not quite as good as my pixel 2 but plenty good enough for me.

I'm wondering if we can fix the gestures issue by using Nova Prime. I'm really hoping Nova will come out with an option to go back to the three button nav. If they do that then I'm good to go, still concerned about no LED tho.

Google seems to be removing features and charging more rather than adding features and charging for them. Seems like a very odd business model, unless of course their idea is to NOT sell devices.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll be sticking with my s9 for now, this being taken away was the last straw for me. S9 is still very good, and it HAS a notification light and no notch!.

I'll probably stick with my S8 this time, but one of the biggest reasons I wanted to switch was for the flat screen. The curved screens on all the new Samsung's create terrible glare outside. I mean it's virtually unviewable to me.

TrophyNostalgia

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I'd rather have the LED notification light than the AOD and better yet, both, as I currently do with the GS8.

I agree the notification LED light was something I always preferred on my HTC 10 vs other screen activation motions. Seems to be a fading feature. What modern devices currently sport a notification LED? This may be a deal breaker for me on the Google Pixel 3.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree the notification LED light was something I always preferred on my HTC 10 vs other screen activation motions. Seems to be a fading feature. What modern devices currently sport a notification LED? This may be a deal breaker for me on the Google Pixel 3.

Pixel/pixel XL Pixel 2/2xl Samsung S8,9 Note 8,9 Oneplus 6 are just the ones I'm aware of from personal experience.

TrophyNostalgia

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Pixel/pixel XL Pixel 2/2xl Samsung S8,9 Note 8,9 Oneplus 6 are just the ones I'm aware of from personal experience.

If I'm upgrading I don't see why I'd go back to the Pixel 2 and I just don't like Samsung software/devices. Androids offerings/ OEMs really have slimmed back in recent years. I'm not sure where to go now. I was hoping there'd be more devices with the LED.

chrispmoto

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Coming from BlackBerry, and trying to decide between XL3 and the Mate 20 Pro, I am VERY interested in the LED light.
My buddy who has a Pixel 2 says in the settings, you can put LED light on, he said it's inside the speaker........
Can anyone please confirm or deny if the XL3 has the same feature or is 100% not there??
Deal breaker for me.....
Thanks!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
When I've had a notification LED in the past, I've always turned it OFF. I'm quite active with my phone and if I were to have a light and leave it ON, it would be blinking all the time. For me it's much more informative just to look at my notifications.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

One thing we know is it will be ridiculously expensive ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs