10-31-2018 08:43 AM
103 123 ...
tools
    I was reading a piece on XDA on the P3 and they say no notification light??
    This is really disappointing.
    My OG Pixel bricked 10 days ago and I had to pick up a budget phone (Motog6) to tide me over until the P3 ships and this phone doesn't have notification led and I hate it...
    Jordilova likes this.
    10-11-2018 04:39 PM
    My OG Pixel bricked 10 days ago and I had to pick up a budget phone (Motog6) to tide me over until the P3 ships and this phone doesn't have notification led and I hate it...
    I know it's definitely not on the 3XL because it probably wouldn't fit on the notch. I'm not sure about the smaller 3
    Jordilova likes this.
    10-11-2018 05:03 PM
    Just verified that there is no setting to toggle the feature or hardware to support a notification light.
    10-11-2018 05:17 PM
    disappointing...I know many feel AOD is a suitable replacement, but the notification light was a great discreet way to see if I had a text from afar...
    anon(10092459) likes this.
    10-11-2018 05:31 PM
    disappointing...I know many feel AOD is a suitable replacement, but the notification light was a great discreet way to see if I had a text from afar...
    Agree 100%! No LED is a little bit of a let down for me too. I completely enjoy having a notification light specifically for the reason you mentioned.
    10-11-2018 05:36 PM
    come on!!!! disappointing? what about the "always on display"?
    dc52ltr and shamdawg like this.
    10-11-2018 06:49 PM
    come on!!!! disappointing? what about the "always on display"?
    Honestly I'd rather have the LED notification light than the AOD and better yet, both, as I currently do with the GS8.
    recDNA likes this.
    10-11-2018 07:14 PM
    I've owned a Motorola phone of 1 type or another for the last 6 years or more and haven't had led notfication in all that time . It's nice not having a LED blinking at you . If the Pixels do it the same way as the Moto phones you can just wave your hand over the screen and your phone will show you any notifications you have.
    diesel97 likes this.
    10-11-2018 07:20 PM
    I've owned a Motorola phone of 1 type or another for the last 6 years or more and haven't had led notfication in all that time . It's nice not having a LED blinking at you . If the Pixels do it the same way as the Moto phones you can just wave your hand over the screen and your phone will show you any notifications you have.
    Ok if I'm being completely honest I should say the main reason I want to see the LED is to make sure it's charging correctly when it's plugged in.
    xzell likes this.
    10-11-2018 07:23 PM
    Honestly I'd rather have the LED notification light than the AOD and better yet, both, as I currently do with the GS8.
    Same here.
    10-11-2018 07:26 PM
    I've also owned a MotoX and am using a g6 for the time being since my Pixel bricked.
    Nobody does AOD better than Moto and if Google kept that when they sold Motorola it would have been great. For me AOD is a different function. Useful when the phone is right in front of you. But being able to glance at my phone from across the room is very useful.
    10-11-2018 08:31 PM
    Ok if I'm being completely honest I should say the main reason I want to see the LED is to make sure it's charging correctly when it's plugged in.
    I don't recall the notification LED doubling as a charging indicator on the Pixel
    10-11-2018 08:42 PM
    "Cough, cough" Razer2 has led notification

What about when the feature called when the screen lights up similar to moto x 2014. I am using Moto E5 Cruise as temp phone until my P3XL comes in and no led notification
    10-11-2018 09:13 PM
    Moto X 2014 was great with the LED display and the way you could have your hand or look at the display.
    10-11-2018 09:17 PM
    I use Light Manager and I can enable a particular color (I use solid green) when it is charged. That way I can tell at a glance when it's done charging. I also use different colors for my different apps and it was very handy to see if an email was from my personal account or work account or if it was a text that came through. I love the LED light and am bummed if it's gone from here on out.
    10-11-2018 09:20 PM
    Damn, notification light is pretty much a must have feature for me. Probably rules out the pixel this year for me. I'll be sticking with my s9 until I see what the op6 and s10 have to offer.
    recDNA likes this.
    10-11-2018 09:37 PM
    I don't recall the notification LED doubling as a charging indicator on the Pixel
    I believe in my GS8 the LED notification light is the same light as the charging indication light so I assumed it would be the same for all devices. Bad assumption maybe?
    10-11-2018 09:38 PM
    I use Light Manager and I can enable a particular color (I use solid green) when it is charged. That way I can tell at a glance when it's done charging. I also use different colors for my different apps and it was very handy to see if an email was from my personal account or work account or if it was a text that came through. I love the LED light and am bummed if it's gone from here on out.
    Same here with the charging light etc.
    10-11-2018 09:39 PM
    Having it available at least allows a user to choose to use it or turn it off.
    Given the price jump it's just frustrating...for me
    recDNA and J Dubbs like this.
    10-12-2018 07:18 AM
    Not a big deal for me tbh, haven't used it since the Nexus 5
    10-12-2018 08:03 AM
    Having no LED and forcing the gestures makes me feel like the pixel line is slowly turning into Google's vision of a better iPhone. I was willing to give the gestures a try and I did with my OG pixel. While I could get use to them switching between the last 2 used apps isn't no where near as easy as what we have now with just double clicking the recents button.
    Now they've done away with the notification light. Why ?
    So the only thing left that's attracting me to the pixel 3 is the camera .
    Honestly my s9 takes some really nice pics not quite as good as my pixel 2 but plenty good enough for me.

Hopefully Samsung s10 will really be a home run .
    sulla1965 and recDNA like this.
    10-12-2018 08:43 AM
    I'll be sticking with my s9 for now, this being taken away was the last straw for me. S9 is still very good, and it HAS a notification light and no notch!.
    recDNA likes this.
    10-12-2018 08:50 AM
    Moto X 2014 was great with the LED display and the way you could have your hand or look at the display.
    Yes but with a light, you don't have to be any where near the phone to see you got a notification. With light manager/light flow you could assign the colors and let you know exactly what type of notification you got.
    verks and recDNA like this.
    10-12-2018 08:54 AM
    Having no LED and forcing the gestures makes me feel like the pixel line is slowly turning into Google's vision of a better iPhone. I was willing to give the gestures a try and I did with my OG pixel. While I could get use to them switching between the last 2 used apps isn't no where near as easy as what we have now with just double clicking the recents button.
    Now they've done away with the notification light. Why ?
    So the only thing left that's attracting me to the pixel 3 is the camera .
    Honestly my s9 takes some really nice pics not quite as good as my pixel 2 but plenty good enough for me.

Hopefully Samsung s10 will really be a home run .
    I'm wondering if we can fix the gestures issue by using Nova Prime. I'm really hoping Nova will come out with an option to go back to the three button nav. If they do that then I'm good to go, still concerned about no LED tho.

Google seems to be removing features and charging more rather than adding features and charging for them. Seems like a very odd business model, unless of course their idea is to NOT sell devices.
    recDNA and J Dubbs like this.
    10-12-2018 11:11 AM
    I'll be sticking with my s9 for now, this being taken away was the last straw for me. S9 is still very good, and it HAS a notification light and no notch!.
    I'll probably stick with my S8 this time, but one of the biggest reasons I wanted to switch was for the flat screen. The curved screens on all the new Samsung's create terrible glare outside. I mean it's virtually unviewable to me.
    recDNA likes this.
    10-12-2018 11:18 AM
103 123 ...