Long time Galaxy user here. Currently on a Note 8. I am highly interested in the Pixel 3 and 3 XL. I made the trip to Best Buy last night to check them out in person. They had two of each size all in demo only mode of course. I was really impressed with both phones. I wanted to hear if there were any differences in the sound quality/volume between the two sizes. I was unable to access the internet on any of demo phones. There were no baked in videos in the demo with sound that I could find. So the only thing available in the settings were the ring tones. I grabbed both sizes and played the default ring tone on both and the XL sounded much louder, richer, fuller. I made sure all the volume controls were at their maximum. It was night and day. I went over to the other side of the display and picked up the other XL and regular 3 and repeated the test and the results were the same. The XL sounded light years louder and crisper than the smaller 3.

Maybe the demo software was limiting the volume on the smaller phones? I am waffling back and forth as to which model to order. Everything I have watch/read so far states that the hardware is identical between the sizes with the exception of the battery and screen.

Has anyone else had a chance to play with them both from an audio standpoint?
    10-12-2018 08:47 AM