Swapping my 512GB Note 9 for a Pixel 3 XL 64GB

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, All,

I really wanted the 128GB, but I may have an opportunity to swap my unlocked 512GB Note 9 for a 64GB pixel 3XL.

Yea, the Note 9 is worth more on paper, but avoiding the hassle of selling and buying is kinda tempting.

To be clear, I am. Currently using a Pixel 2XL, and the Samsung is sitting in a drawer. The camera (especially in low light is crap). I love the Pixel Line.

Hmmm.....

Last edited:

KriSSu09

Oct 13, 2018
Visit site
Hi!
In my opinion the only scenario in which you swap to Pixel is if you want the Google Assistant features of the Pixel 3 and if you really hate Samsung Experience and prefer stock Android.
If neither of these are true, then you should just stick with the Note 9, but this is just my opinion.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi!
In my opinion the only scenario in which you swap to Pixel is if you want the Google Assistant features of the Pixel 3 and if you really hate Samsung Experience and prefer stock Android.
If neither of these are true, then you should just stick with the Note 9, but this is just my opinion.

I just updated my post... I love the Pixel Line, and despise the note 9.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi!

I just updated my post... I love the Pixel Line, and despise the note 9.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Sold my note 9 today and have a pixel on order. I feel the same. Note was great and had zero issues with it. But the google experience is worth more to me. So for now I switched back to one of my iPhones to await the pixels arrival.

RevePro

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Not a big fan of beauty mode either
Did you sell on a site? I'm trying to sell mine as well. I actually love the note, but just want to try something new. Have had several Samsung phones. I'm sure I'll be back for the note 10 next year.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Sold my note 9 today and have a pixel on order. I feel the same. Note was great and had zero issues with it. But the google experience is worth more to me. So for now I switched back to one of my iPhones to await the pixels arrival.

I was in the same boat, except that I did not get the Note 9... My wife has the Note 9 and I am surprised at how nice it feels, the screen is one of the best and it is an excellent phone all around. So when the Pixel 3s came out, I was contemplating if I should buy the Note 9 or Pixel 3XL. Even dough my wife's note 9 has zero problems, I can't get past the skin over Android that Samsung uses. It has gotten a lot better from the previous touchwiz disaster, but still feels strange. (maybe because my phone I had for about 2 years was the original Pixel).. Since I bought my first "pure Android" phone when the 6P came out, I can't seem to go to another phone that does not have stock Android. Maybe i'm weird, but I love the feel of stock Android so much that I got my Pixel 3 XL yesterday. So to me it is a significant upgrade going from the original Pixel to the Pixel 3 XL....

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I was in the same boat, except that I did not get the Note 9... My wife has the Note 9 and I am surprised at how nice it feels, the screen is one of the best and it is an excellent phone all around. So when the Pixel 3s came out, I was contemplating if I should buy the Note 9 or Pixel 3XL. Even dough my wife's note 9 has zero problems, I can't get past the skin over Android that Samsung uses. It has gotten a lot better from the previous touchwiz disaster, but still feels strange. (maybe because my phone I had for about 2 years was the original Pixel).. Since I bought my first "pure Android" phone when the 6P came out, I can't seem to go to another phone that does not have stock Android. Maybe i'm weird, but I love the feel of stock Android so much that I got my Pixel 3 XL yesterday. So to me it is a significant upgrade going from the original Pixel to the Pixel 3 XL....

this is my reason too. With so many features, and so many things to turn on/off...the samsung line in general, is just too complicated. I don't want to have to think about my phone. I just want to do. Throw in the lack of updates.....I'm kinda....like never gonna buy another samsung. With that said, I'm not 100% set on the pixel. I like ....a lot. But i also like the new iphones. The pixel3xl didn't attract me hardware wise, but rather software wise, the workflow and design for the things I use on a daily basis. Pictures, searching , quick looks ups, etc.

Plus, I'm heavily invest in Microsoft stuff. It looks like Microsoft is getting behind Android...or Google in general. Though Microsoft does integrate well with apple also...coming back to the workflows I use....seems and feels like the right direction...for me.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
this is my reason too. With so many features, and so many things to turn on/off...the samsung line in general, is just too complicated. I don't want to have to think about my phone. I just want to do. Throw in the lack of updates.....I'm kinda....like never gonna buy another samsung. With that said, I'm not 100% set on the pixel. I like ....a lot. But i also like the new iphones. The pixel3xl didn't attract me hardware wise, but rather software wise, the workflow and design for the things I use on a daily basis. Pictures, searching , quick looks ups, etc.

Plus, I'm heavily invest in Microsoft stuff. It looks like Microsoft is getting behind Android...or Google in general. Though Microsoft does integrate well with apple also...coming back to the workflows I use....seems and feels like the right direction...for me.

Well, Microsoft windows phones have now gone the way of the Dodo! Lol

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I historically hated samsung because of the bloated OS and lag. I wanted the Pixel 3 but once the rumors started coming out and being concrete, I was pretty disappointed. I decided to give the Note 9 a try. My last note was a note 7 and I gave that up quickly because it lagged right away. Gotta say the new UI is pretty good and I haven't experienced any lags yets. I love the amount of customization and the theming available. That being said I would consider the Pixel 4 if the hardware decisions get batter.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
It really depends how much space you need, I went for 64gb model but that’s because I have a 128gb iPhone 7+ and have only used 40gb in 2 years time

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01