What do you think could be better in the next pixel camera to make it thw ultimate deal?
    10-14-2018 06:18 PM
    More than one lens. Software gimmicks are nice and all but can only go so far. They can't always replace things on the hardware or lack of hardware side of things. No doubt the pixel 3 will have a great camera but I don't think it's gonna win awards this time around
    10-15-2018 12:05 AM
    Google has a great point and shoot camera that produces solid images, possibly the best on the market, but it's very lacking to a photographer and still playing catch up to competitors in other areas.

There are absolutely no manual controls, something found on most competitors phones, and most cameras excluding the entry level point and shoot. Yes you can download apps, but than you have duplicate apps for the same function.

There is also the limit of 1 camera and 1 lens. Google may not need a second lens to nail portrait shots, but it's not as versatile as the competition. The telephoto lens on my Note 8 is incredible, first time I really got to try it was at a zoo and it made a HUGE difference in the quality of my shots. Google has NO answer to this, digital zoom doesn't compare. They've also got no answer to the wide angle camera either, and there is no software trickery to change that.

Google will impress me when they've got their fantastic image quality paired with additional cameras and manual control.
    10-15-2018 12:18 AM
    I think it is better than Pixel 2 XL but this is just software, so I don't think you need to upgrade unless you really need wide-angle selfie camera
    10-15-2018 02:05 AM
    Google has a great point and shoot camera that produces solid images, possibly the best on the market, but it's very lacking to a photographer and still playing catch up to competitors in other areas.

There are absolutely no manual controls, something found on most competitors phones, and most cameras excluding the entry level point and shoot. Yes you can download apps, but than you have duplicate apps for the same function.

There is also the limit of 1 camera and 1 lens. Google may not need a second lens to nail portrait shots, but it's not as versatile as the competition. The telephoto lens on my Note 8 is incredible, first time I really got to try it was at a zoo and it made a HUGE difference in the quality of my shots. Google has NO answer to this, digital zoom doesn't compare. They've also got no answer to the wide angle camera either, and there is no software trickery to change that.

Google will impress me when they've got their fantastic image quality paired with additional cameras and manual control.
    Actually they do have an answer....the way they do digital zoom is different and I've seen good results. Granted that it won't match optical but it's a step in the right direction.

I would like to see some manual controls and I'm not sure why they don't Include them.
    10-15-2018 05:16 AM
    More than one lens. Software gimmicks are nice and all but can only go so far. They can't always replace things on the hardware or lack of hardware side of things. No doubt the pixel 3 will have a great camera but I don't think it's gonna win awards this time around
    Interesting conclusion but based on what I'm seeing it's already improved over the 2 so I'm interested to hear how you arrive there.
    10-15-2018 05:19 AM
    pixel camera app will soon support external mics
    10-15-2018 06:22 AM
    I like this camera
    10-15-2018 07:58 AM
    I like to see what they can do with 2 or 3 rear cameras.
    10-15-2018 08:04 AM