No longer can Cancel/Edit my order. but Oct 23-24 delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I went to cancel my order with an estimated delivery of 10-23/24 yesterday. I was informed by Google that I can no longer choose that option.

Google's Cancel/Edit policy: "Before your order is prepared for shipping, you can edit your shipping address or cancel shipments." I thought that the order is transferred to the warehouse for prep several hours prior to shipping. The implication is mine will be arriving this week.

Are others with a similar (or later) delivery date finding the same status change?

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
That's standard.. As soon as it's sent to the warehouse for shipping it can no longer be cancelled. If you ordered with free shipping it's probably going ground and that could eat up a week depending on where you are and with the weekend not counting as shipping days.

Mine is expected Oct 17-18 and it went to the warehouse today for shipping. I assume I'll get tracking tonight or tomorrow.. I bet you get the same..

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is expedited shipping, with an estimated arrival of 19th-22nd. I also no longer have the option to cancel.

Could it be they're shipping tonight?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
If you do not have a confirmation that a shipping label was created, you should be able to cancel. You can dispute the charge on your credit card, as long as you do not take delivery if they do send it anyway after you notify them by the method in your agreement. Time is of the essence.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
If you do not have a confirmation that a shipping label was created, you should be able to cancel..

Not true with Google... Once it's sent to the warehouse it can't be cancelled.. Been that way for years with Google..

You can refuse delivery and once they get it back they'll refund you without a restocking fee.. If for some reason it's delivered then don't open it and contact Google. Once you open it you are subject to their restocking fee....

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Not true with Google... Once it's sent to the warehouse it can't be cancelled.. Been that way for years with Google..

You can refuse delivery and once they get it back they'll refund you without a restocking fee.. If for some reason it's delivered then don't open it and contact Google. Once you open it you are subject to their restocking fee....

True - I have left a note not to leave the package if I knew I wasn't going to be home at time of delivery.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
If you do not have a confirmation that a shipping label was created, you should be able to cancel..

No confirmation re the label creation, but can't cancel. That's why I'm looking for other folks with delivery for next week to see if they have seen anything.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
You can refuse delivery and once they get it back they'll refund you without a restocking fee..
This is what the CS guy I spoke with told me to do. Since I didn't request a signature for delivery it'll just get dropped at the door if I'm not home.

The guy was great though. He sent me his email, and told me he'll arrange for the return and waive the restock. Unless, as you said, I open the package.

The problem now is whether I'll be able to resist opening the package :confused:, which is likely to cost me $900 :eek:

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
No confirmation re the label creation, but can't cancel. That's why I'm looking for other folks with delivery for next week to see if they have seen anything.

That information is false... It's been that way with Google for years.. Once it goes to warehouse it cannot be cancelled...

I went through this back in 2015 with a Chromebook Pixel. I tried to cancel it and order the one with LTE and could not... Went through the same last year with a Pixel 2. Changed my mind after order and wanted a different color. No dice!

It's normal Google process. If you don/t want it, just refuse delivery. If you won't be home, leave a note on your door with the tracking number and instructions to refuse delivery... Notify Google you are doing so...

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Did you email your cancelation request if that is a contact in your contract? Did you buy the phone on a contract? Was it charged to a credit card? Is it for a new line or a replacement phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae