Is the Pixel 3 the 2018 Phone of the year?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I say yes OR close 2nd. I think the regular Pixel 3 for sure, but closer for the 3XL. Camera and software dig out the win for the top spot, I say.

Outside of the Note, which to me is in a category by itself, what else comes close? XS..? maybe.. 9/9+ nah ...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I say yes OR close 2nd. I think the regular Pixel 3 for sure, but closer for the 3XL. Camera and software dig out the win for the top spot, I say.

Outside of the Note, which to me is in a category by itself, what else comes close? XS..? maybe.. 9/9+ nah ...

I like how you made (Note) of that😉
I think the pixel can be , we shall see

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I can't wait to see how this thread evolves.

My straight opinion is I honestly think the Pixel is mostly love it or hate it with a few that fall somewhere in the middle and get torn between the software and hardware. For me it just runs like a precision automobile and there is just nothing else like it. It doesn't have a lot of horse power and flash but it's a sleeper loaded with torque that quick out of the gate and will haul anything all day long.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can't wait to see how this thread evolves.

My straight opinion is I honestly think the Pixel is mostly love it or hate it with a few that fall somewhere in the middle and get torn between the software and hardware. For me it just runs like a precision automobile and there is just nothing else like it. It doesn't have a lot of horse power and flash but it's a sleeper loaded with torque that quick out of the gate and will haul anything all day long.

You calling the pixel 3/xl A Ford F150 pickup 😁🤣

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I like how you made (Note) of that??????
I think the pixel can be , we shall see

Lol! I'm just saying.. Note is a unique mobile device. Nobody else is really doing a pen and I think the user profile is more niche. I mean, how do can you grade an S Pen when nobody else has one??

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I think the Pixel is always the king of Android devices because it exemplifies how Android should be--fast/monthly security updates and hardware and software integration. It's like the iPhone of the Android world. It just works. I think with the amazing software, the amazing display, and the amazing cameras will make this the phone of the year, for sure.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
For lack of a better term, the Note is a smallish phablet. For those who have need for such a device, it's probably the best. Phone wise, it all depends what you use your phone for the most. Everyone has their own needs and opinions. I switch between 2 phones throughout the day depending on my needs. Sometimes I even use an apple iPad air 2

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Phone of the year?!

Don’t make me laugh.

So if you hate it that much, why are you here? I've never understood that line of thought. "People like this so I should go in and tell them how wrong they are." It's like a Chevy guy going to a Ford forum or vice versa.

Aura1

Sep 13, 2018
Visit site
I think a close 2nd place would be the rugged and indestructible Motorola Brick (can also be used as a weapon)
Brick Phone.jpg

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
My vote is for Note 9 though !!!

Without question the Note is an incredible device. It's just in a unique user space. Like, IMO, if you don't utilize the S Pen at least 2 times a week, that feature (and the cost associated with it) is wasted. Most people won't use that function to it's maximum potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37