The Pixel 3 uses LG / 3 XL uses a Samsung screen panel

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Google+Pixel+3+XL+Teardown/113656

"Drumroll please.... it's a Samsung! Rumors were all over the place, but it looks like Google is going with Samsung's trusty AMOLED panels this year."

That makes sense. Last year's LG P-OLED display were bad on the Pixel 2 XL, so it didn't make sense how they could have improved the display tech so drastically in one year, now we know - it's a Samsung panel.

That's great to hear. If LG's panel's still aren't good, don't let the consumer suffer for it. Stick with Samsung if need be, they make by far the best screens on a smartphone.

------------------------------------------------------

Mod edit

Updated title to reflect newer info on 10/17 -- The smaller P3 uses LG the XL uses Samsung.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: The Pixel 3 and 3 XL use a Samsung screen panel

"Drumroll please.... it's a Samsung! Rumors were all over the place, but it looks like Google is going with Samsung's trusty AMOLED panels this year."

That makes sense. Last year's LG P-OLED display were bad on the Pixel 2 XL, so it didn't make sense how they could have improved the display tech so drastically in one year, now we know - it's a Samsung panel.

That's great to hear. If LG's panel's still aren't good, don't let the consumer suffer for it. Stick with Samsung if need be, they make by far the best screens on a smartphone.

Looks like a few Samsung parts...hmmm

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

This is great news for those of us with the 2xl.
I did 2 rma's and my screen is pretty good but certainly will be better with a Samsung oled
Now if I could only get a shipping email :p

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I'm very very happy to hear this

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Since Google is using Samsung's OLEDs do you all think that Google wasted their money investing in LG Display?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

This is great news for those of us with the 2xl.
I did 2 rma's and my screen is pretty good but certainly will be better with a Samsung oled
Now if I could only get a shipping email :p

How does that help our 2XLs?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

They were smart this time going with Samsung panels, from the looks of it on reviews the screen looks much better than the 2XL.

legion125

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Has LG made any improvements with its OLED screens from last year. They can have a heck of a business if they get these small screen bugs fixed.

ZMan1092

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site

Has LG made any improvements with its OLED screens from last year. They can have a heck of a business if they get these small screen bugs fixed.

LG panels have never been great with OLED in phones. Honestly, their LCD back in the display was fine but OLED is so varied in quality. Samsung is officially king considering they make some (not all, now) iPhone and (all) Pixel 3 screens now.

emkii

Oct 15, 2018
Visit site

How does this work? Does Google just pay Samsung to use their display technology? Or does Samsung make their displays?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yep this was reported awhile ago that they used Samsung. This just confirms it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech