Will Best Buy let me buy one outright if I don't have Verizon service? Hoping i can get one Thursday and not have to wait for Google to ship.
    10-16-2018 11:07 AM
    They have in past... I don't think they care as long as they have extra stock after the pre-orders are filled...
    10-16-2018 11:08 AM
    Just purchase it online for full price and say Store Pickup. Then you can go right in and get it from the online pick up area.

Of course you can also have it shipped to you from online if stock is not available at the store.
    10-16-2018 11:26 AM
    I thought it will be "linked"/locked to VRZ. I wish I knew before I dropped my cash with G Store.
    10-16-2018 11:34 AM
    There MIGHT be a chance the phone would have to be activated on the Verizon network since it is coming from a Verizon outlet.

ETA - my suggestion would be to go to BB, if possible, and ask some one there what is possible. They might hold a phone for you, if they can sell w/o activation.

A lot of times the answer to a question depends on who you are asking.
    10-16-2018 11:34 AM
    Does BB display only one color?
    10-16-2018 11:41 AM
    Seems to depend on the store - different stores - different displays.
    10-16-2018 11:47 AM
    Best Buy site takes you to an "existing or new VZW customer" thing before it'll let you add to cart.
    billchat likes this.
    10-16-2018 11:51 AM
    The Best Buy store near me does not have any display units at all. I'm jealous of those of you who can at least go in and check them out LOL
    10-16-2018 11:54 AM
    The BB I went to on Sunday had a small Pixel 3 display and a Pixel 2/3 in a display nearby. The xl they had was Not Pink? and the smaller one was White I think. Overall, I wish they would've had a tether cable on it instead of locking them down. It was also stuck in a very restrictive retail demo mode. I would've liked to get it in my hands and experience how it felt in the hands and be able to take some actual pics instead of being locked into front camera looking down at it. Overall, the BB I went to had a small Google display but I assume some stores have a lot more of a Google presence.
    10-16-2018 11:58 AM
    Just purchase it online for full price and say Store Pickup. Then you can go right in and get it from the online pick up area.

Of course you can also have it shipped to you from online if stock is not available at the store.
    You can't do that if you are not a current VZW customer or sign up for new service... Pre-order requires account,

My experience with BB in the past is that you can walk in and pay full price for it on launch day as long as they have extras.. They won't care if you have a VZW account or not... You won't get the perks like a gift card or whatever but they will sell you the phone at full price.
    billchat likes this.
    10-16-2018 12:50 PM
    You can't do that if you are not a current VZW customer or sign up for new service... Pre-order requires account,

My experience with BB in the past is that you can walk in and pay full price for it on launch day as long as they have extras.. They won't care if you have a VZW account or not... You won't get the perks like a gift card or whatever but they will sell you the phone at full price.
    I see, may be for the pre-order. I had previously successfully ordered Pixel 2 online. Of course I didn’t pre-order the Pixel 2.
    raqball likes this.
    10-16-2018 12:54 PM
    Will Best Buy let me buy one outright if I don't have Verizon service? Hoping i can get one Thursday and not have to wait for Google to ship.
    I did this last year for the P2 XL and I'm not on Verizon. I don't see why it would be different for the P3.
    10-16-2018 01:43 PM
    False alarm. Just got a shipping notification from Google (wasn't supposed to ship until the 22nd). Should have my 3XL on Friday, yeehaw!!
    10-17-2018 12:06 PM