So currently I have the Pixel 2xl and I am debating wether ot not i upgrade to the 3. My only hting is I am not sure if I want to upgrade to the 3 or 3xl. I know that the 5.5 pixel 3 is smaller than the pixel 2xl however I think I might be ready for the smaller phone. I had reecntly used the blackberry key 2 and loved the size however thats a 4.5 so i think i would be happy with a 5.5 looking to see what your guys thoughts are and if you have pics of the smaller phone when you receive it if it can be shared. lol

Thanks.
    10-17-2018 08:21 AM
    Is there a Verizon Store or Best Buy near you where you could get some hands on time?
    10-17-2018 08:36 AM
    I'm going from a 2 xl to a 3. I'm actually looking forward to use a smaller phone again. To me going from a 5.8 to 5.5 isn't a big sacrifice. The thing I worry the most is battery, but I will be getting a wireless charging station to use at work so it shouldn't be a big issue.
    10-17-2018 08:45 AM
    Is there a Verizon Store or Best Buy near you where you could get some hands on time?
    That's a good idea there is both. Maybe I will do that head in there and check it out. Wonder when they would not stores for display
    10-17-2018 09:22 AM
    Same boat - can't decide on the size.

I have the original Pixel. Great phone. I really don't need to upgrade because it's really holding up well. I do remember looking at the 2 and 2 XL one day at Best Buy months ago and thought, "boy this really does seems slicker than mine, for some reason." That's why I think the 3's will be even nicer, but which one...

I wouldn't worry about the battery on a 3. It will hold up, in my opinion. If I knew Google had plans to add the notifications at the very top of the screen with a black background and bypass the notch with the rest of the visual field (screen), I'd be all over it. Anyway, plan to stop by Best Buy on Friday and check the sizes out. Then, might wait for 'batch #2 or 3' to start shipping before I order. Don't know why - but I guess since my current phone is holding up I should maximize the quality of the new phone.
    10-17-2018 09:29 AM
    That's a good idea there is both. Maybe I will do that head in there and check it out. Wonder when they would not stores for display
    BB is a Verizon "dealer", but might sell you one even if you are not a Verizon customer. Good luck.
    10-17-2018 09:33 AM
    Go for 3 Imo
    10-17-2018 09:33 AM
    I'm all for using one-handed devices so I went with the Pixel 3. I don't think the notch would bother me, as it hasn't with the iPhone XS that I've been using for the last week (other than the fact that the Control Center and Notification shade have specific areas to swipe to pull down).However, I do agree that Google should allow those phones that do not have a notch to display as many notification icons as necessary. It seems like wasted space to me.
    10-17-2018 10:07 AM
    I ordered a regular one but after visiting a best buy decided to go with XL one. 5.5 Looks smaller then I exoected. I want the bigger screen and bigger battery even though I was happy happy with my HTC 10 (5.2)
    10-17-2018 10:13 AM
    I haven't had a large phone since my Note 3. I prefer one handed use. After checking the Pixels 3 out at a BB the regular one feels and looks slightly smaller than my S8, and the XL obviously bigger. At first I thought the regular one was "too small". Then I realized I'm comparing it to my current phone that had an OtterBox case on... so yeah, once you put a case on the regular Pixel 3 it'll be pretty much the perfect size imo.

IF I get a Pixel 3, it'll be the smaller variant.
    10-17-2018 12:07 PM