Bouncing dock! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Anyone figure out how to stop this annoying bouncing dock? My Pixel 2 never did this and it has to be the most irritating thing on any phone ever!

I can't find a way to make it stop! Bounce, bounce, bounce.......

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Guess I must be the only person who thinks it's irritating eh?

Still no luck trying to find a way t disable it..

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest try reducing animation speed in developer settings to see if it turns off this bounce effect. I don't mind the stock animations but that should do the trick I believe.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I would suggest try reducing animation speed in developer settings to see if it turns off this bounce effect. I don't mind the stock animations but that should do the trick I believe.

Don't think that has anything to do with it... The dock and all the docks icons constantly bounce up and down... Every so often it can be stopped by swiping up but it starts again after a few minutes...

It's almost like a feature to teach new owners how to get to the app drawer but you'd figure it would eventually say, okay they get it and stop...

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
On redit the solution was to open the app drawer and click on an app.

I saw that and at a few other places like XDA and for different phones running Android 9.. I opened my app drawer and then opened every app I have from there... Appears to have solved it for now. Maybe it needs to be done every time a new app is installed as some weird way of telling you a new app is installed.

No clue really but it's irritating as heck and if it keeps at it, this thing is going back with a quickness...

I did not restore anything from my Pixel 2 and setup as new so maybe it thinks I am a new Pixel user and it wants to teach me...

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Bouncy, bouncy has stopped... It was either because it thought I was a new Pixel user and wanted to teach me or it was telling me I had new apps installed...

I am leaning towards the 1st as I installed a new app this morning and did not get bouncy, bouncy.... Weird though that I am the only person seeing this as you can't miss it when it happens as it very irritating...

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Bouncy, bouncy has stopped... It was either because it thought I was a new Pixel user and wanted to teach me or it was telling me I had new apps installed...

I am leaning towards the 1st as I installed a new app this morning and did not get bouncy, bouncy.... Weird though that I am the only person seeing this as you can't miss it when it happens as it very irritating...

Love your avatar!
Bouncy, bouncy LOL

gsainath4u

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I think this effect is shown for a couple of times to remind that there is a change in how to access your all-apps screen in the new version.
I remember seeing this effect on my OnePlus 6 when it was updated to the stable Pie version couple of weeks back.

It should disappear on its own after you have opened the app drawer a couple of times.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I think this effect is shown for a couple of times to remind that there is a change in how to access your all-apps screen in the new version.
I remember seeing this effect on my OnePlus 6 when it was updated to the stable Pie version couple of weeks back.

It should disappear on its own after you have opened the app drawer a couple of times.

I opened the drawer about 50 times and it still kept on doing it... Finally solved by opening every app I have installed through the app drawer....

It's not done it since doing that, so I am a happy camper now.. :)

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
mine was doing this while plugged into the USB port in my truck. After unplugging it I have not experienced the bouncing dock again. I think it may have been prompting me to setup Android Auto which I could not do because the vehicle was in motion.

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone figure out how to stop this annoying bouncing dock? My Pixel 2 never did this and it has to be the most irritating thing on any phone ever!

I can't find a way to make it stop! Bounce, bounce, bounce.......

I am with you. It as as annoying as f***. I have opened all the apps and clicked on the search bar. Still the damn thing is bouncing. I am hoping it stops soon.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Did the others seeing the problem setup as new?

Mine lasted a few hours and finally stopped after opening every app I have installed from the app drawer.. It has not bounced since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38