10-21-2018 01:20 PM
53 123
tools
    Anyone figure out how to stop this annoying bouncing dock? My Pixel 2 never did this and it has to be the most irritating thing on any phone ever!

I can't find a way to make it stop! Bounce, bounce, bounce.......
    10-17-2018 07:55 PM
    Guess I must be the only person who thinks it's irritating eh?

Still no luck trying to find a way t disable it..
    10-17-2018 09:21 PM
    I would suggest try reducing animation speed in developer settings to see if it turns off this bounce effect. I don't mind the stock animations but that should do the trick I believe.
    10-17-2018 09:22 PM
    I would suggest try reducing animation speed in developer settings to see if it turns off this bounce effect. I don't mind the stock animations but that should do the trick I believe.
    Don't think that has anything to do with it... The dock and all the docks icons constantly bounce up and down... Every so often it can be stopped by swiping up but it starts again after a few minutes...

It's almost like a feature to teach new owners how to get to the app drawer but you'd figure it would eventually say, okay they get it and stop...
    10-17-2018 09:24 PM
    Ok I'm not seeing it then or it's just something that's not bothering me
    10-17-2018 10:16 PM
    Ok I'm not seeing it then or it's just something that's not bothering me
    I'm with you I don't know what your talking about. Absolutely possible it's just me but truly I don't understand. Can you explain more please.
    10-17-2018 10:21 PM
    On redit the solution was to open the app drawer and click on an app.
    raqball likes this.
    10-17-2018 10:34 PM
    On redit the solution was to open the app drawer and click on an app.
    I saw that and at a few other places like XDA and for different phones running Android 9.. I opened my app drawer and then opened every app I have from there... Appears to have solved it for now. Maybe it needs to be done every time a new app is installed as some weird way of telling you a new app is installed.

No clue really but it's irritating as heck and if it keeps at it, this thing is going back with a quickness...

I did not restore anything from my Pixel 2 and setup as new so maybe it thinks I am a new Pixel user and it wants to teach me...
    10-17-2018 10:40 PM
    Bouncy, bouncy has stopped... It was either because it thought I was a new Pixel user and wanted to teach me or it was telling me I had new apps installed...

I am leaning towards the 1st as I installed a new app this morning and did not get bouncy, bouncy.... Weird though that I am the only person seeing this as you can't miss it when it happens as it very irritating...
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    10-18-2018 09:28 AM
    Bouncy, bouncy has stopped... It was either because it thought I was a new Pixel user and wanted to teach me or it was telling me I had new apps installed...

I am leaning towards the 1st as I installed a new app this morning and did not get bouncy, bouncy.... Weird though that I am the only person seeing this as you can't miss it when it happens as it very irritating...
    Love your avatar!
    Bouncy, bouncy LOL
    raqball likes this.
    10-18-2018 09:53 AM
    I think this effect is shown for a couple of times to remind that there is a change in how to access your all-apps screen in the new version.
    I remember seeing this effect on my OnePlus 6 when it was updated to the stable Pie version couple of weeks back.

It should disappear on its own after you have opened the app drawer a couple of times.
    10-18-2018 11:36 AM
    I think this effect is shown for a couple of times to remind that there is a change in how to access your all-apps screen in the new version.
    I remember seeing this effect on my OnePlus 6 when it was updated to the stable Pie version couple of weeks back.

It should disappear on its own after you have opened the app drawer a couple of times.
    I opened the drawer about 50 times and it still kept on doing it... Finally solved by opening every app I have installed through the app drawer....

It's not done it since doing that, so I am a happy camper now..
    10-18-2018 11:46 AM
    mine was doing this while plugged into the USB port in my truck. After unplugging it I have not experienced the bouncing dock again. I think it may have been prompting me to setup Android Auto which I could not do because the vehicle was in motion.
    10-18-2018 02:45 PM
    Perhaps it's the new 'anti-burn-in' feature....hahah.
    Torisen1, EMGSM and wwickedd like this.
    10-18-2018 03:05 PM
    Anyone figure out how to stop this annoying bouncing dock? My Pixel 2 never did this and it has to be the most irritating thing on any phone ever!

I can't find a way to make it stop! Bounce, bounce, bounce.......
    I am with you. It as as annoying as f***. I have opened all the apps and clicked on the search bar. Still the damn thing is bouncing. I am hoping it stops soon.
    10-18-2018 04:00 PM
    Mine bounced last night when setting up, hasn't bounced yet today. Was really annoying though.
    10-18-2018 04:06 PM
    Did the others seeing the problem setup as new?

Mine lasted a few hours and finally stopped after opening every app I have installed from the app drawer.. It has not bounced since then.
    10-19-2018 08:44 AM
    Agree, mine did this during set up and now stopped.
    10-19-2018 09:20 PM
    10-19-2018 11:28 PM
    I must have missed it
    I am wondering if it's because I set up as new... My Pixel 2 on Android 9 never did it...
    10-19-2018 11:32 PM
    Mine did it as well. But only a few times and I didn't have to do anything but click on it a few times or launch the assistant to get it to stop I don't remember
    10-20-2018 09:04 AM
    I opened the drawer about 50 times and it still kept on doing it... Finally solved by opening every app I have installed through the app drawer....

It's not done it since doing that, so I am a happy camper now..
    I saw this too in the beta on the 2xl. Never stopped. Reboots, resets, power drains. I finally decided I liked the iPhone better and turned the phone off. After several weeks I turned it back on and the bouncing was gone. I did NOT open every app though. I just assumed the phone/OS didn't like me and it was time to move on....who knew !!
    10-20-2018 02:20 PM
    Don't think that has anything to do with it... The dock and all the docks icons constantly bounce up and down... Every so often it can be stopped by swiping up but it starts again after a few minutes...

It's almost like a feature to teach new owners how to get to the app drawer but you'd figure it would eventually say, okay they get it and stop...
    Well, I would look and see if there are any notifications that go along with that bounce. I noticed that I had these kind of things for the first two days. No more.
    10-20-2018 02:25 PM
    I had the bouncy thing for the first hour or so then it stopped. On my 3rd day and it hasn't come back.
    10-20-2018 02:29 PM
    Well, I would look and see if there are any notifications that go along with that bounce. I noticed that I had these kind of things for the first two days. No more.
    There are / we not....
    10-20-2018 03:53 PM
53 123