10-19-2018 04:33 PM
111 12345
tools
    No question then gotta buy unlocked version. No advantage at all to VZW version unless they have a sale or something
    The Verizon version is more likely to go on sale so..... Heck you can bill credit BOGO (on bill credit) the Verizon version. You can get Best Buy and Target gift cards for buying the Verizon version.

So yeah.
    10-19-2018 12:27 AM
    With other brand phones on VZW if you buy unlocked version you cannot access Verizon features like advanced calling and maybe vzw voicemail (not sure but I know u lose some features). If you buy unlocked Pixel 3 could there be any VZW features you cannot access?
    More likely WiFi calling on those other brands wouldn't work but the last unlocked phone I used on Verizon was the Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (third gen) and Advanced Calling and Visual Voicemail both worked just fine.
    10-19-2018 12:29 AM
    Yes, Verizon is going back to its old ways of chaining customers to its network and being the most customer unfriendly network in the US. They make a small point about protecting itself against fraud, but mostly to make you go through hoops to get it unlocked so you can move to another network or sell it.
    Verizon sucks azz, always has always will.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-19-2018 12:37 AM
    Verizon sucks azz, always has always will.
    lol.
    10-19-2018 12:44 AM
    lol.
    Yeah they do suck. That's why I paid them off and left. Only reason I went to best buy is because they had it available to buy outright for in store pickup. I'm over it though. Just gonna pick up the XZ3 this weekend. Thanks everyone for your feedback
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-19-2018 01:57 AM
    10-19-2018 02:54 AM
    Yeah they do suck. That's why I paid them off and left.
    lol
    10-19-2018 04:54 AM
    Had a notification this morning saying CARRIER LOCKED REMOVED.
    Everyone can calm down now and put the pitch forks away. LOL
    bhatech and Davidoo like this.
    10-19-2018 06:52 AM
    Purchased yesterday from best buy.
    Read the horror stories of it being carrier locked to Verizon.

Woke up this morning to a notification saying carrier lock removed.
    Immediately felt vindicated. :-P
    10-19-2018 06:56 AM
    Just happened for me as well. Purchased from VZW (full retail).
    10-19-2018 07:01 AM

Same (but purchased from Verizon directly). I wonder what happened.
    10-19-2018 07:10 AM

Did you put a Verizon SIM first or some other carrier first when you got the phone?
    10-19-2018 07:18 AM
    It's done by Verizon on purpose. After the phone has been activated on Verizon's network they will unlock it overnight. Happened on my phone as well. Here is the article explaining it: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...res-activation
    10-19-2018 07:19 AM

I just got the same pop up as well just a few minutes ago. I have my phone activated on Verizon so I would think as long as you have a Verizon SIM in it for 24 hours it automatically unlocks.
    10-19-2018 07:24 AM
    Did you put a Verizon SIM first or some other carrier first when you got the phone?
    Yes I'm on Verizon so I started out with a Verizon sim. But it was only over night not 24 hours. I just got the phone about 2 pm central time yesterday .
    10-19-2018 07:27 AM
    Had a notification this morning saying CARRIER LOCKED REMOVED.
    Everyone can calm down now and put the pitch forks away. LOL
    Looks like others are starting to get the same notification including myself.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ml#post6372869
    Almeuit likes this.
    10-19-2018 07:30 AM
    The Verizon version is more likely to go on sale so..... Heck you can bill credit BOGO (on bill credit) the Verizon version. You can get Best Buy and Target gift cards for buying the Verizon version.

So yeah.
    Their deals never work for me. I pay cash because I don't like monthly bills & want to be able to sell or trade in phones hassle free. BOGO always involve opening another line which I cannot do since I am on legacy unlimited data plan and it is much cheaper than any current comparable plan. I get the old corporate discount. In fact any sale seems useless to me since they all involve monthly payments saving only a few dollars a month and sticking you with a phone for too long.
    Yeah they do suck. That's why I paid them off and left. Only reason I went to best buy is because they had it available to buy outright for in store pickup. I'm over it though. Just gonna pick up the XZ3 this weekend. Thanks everyone for your feedback
    What is an XZ3?
    10-19-2018 07:30 AM
    Yes I'm on Verizon so I started out with a Verizon sim. But it was only over night not 24 hours. I just got the phone about 2 pm central time yesterday .
    I am with T-Mobile and was hoping to go out and get it today from Best Buy. I am just frustrated that this year its locked to Verizon unless you put a Verizon SIM and then wait for it to be unlocked. So its stil PITA.
    ZayMoney likes this.
    10-19-2018 07:44 AM
    It's done by Verizon on purpose. After the phone has been activated on Verizon's network they will unlock it overnight. Happened on my phone as well. Here is the article explaining it: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...res-activation
    Basically don't steal our phones or you can't use them. Smart move.
    10-19-2018 07:46 AM
    I am with T-Mobile and was hoping to go out and get it today from Best Buy. I am just frustrated that this year its locked to Verizon unless you put a Verizon SIM and then wait for it to be unlocked. So its stil PITA.
    Why not just order one through Google?
    10-19-2018 07:48 AM
    Why not just order one through Google?
    Because I can just grab it immediately and not have to wait for a week or so to ship
    ZayMoney and recDNA like this.
    10-19-2018 07:49 AM
    Their deals never work for me. I pay cash because I don't like monthly bills & want to be able to sell or trade in phones hassle free. BOGO always involve opening another line which I cannot do since I am on legacy unlimited data plan and it is much cheaper than any current comparable plan. I get the old corporate discount. In fact any sale seems useless to me since they all involve monthly payments saving only a few dollars a month and sticking you with a phone for too long.

What is an XZ3?
    Sony's Flagship
    recDNA likes this.
    10-19-2018 08:08 AM
    Basically don't steal our phones or you can't use them. Smart move.
    I guess it's buy at full retail and you can't use it either lol
    raqball likes this.
    10-19-2018 08:16 AM

https://shar.es/a1ED2v

Pixel 3 devices purchased through Verizon or Best Buy will have to be activated on the carrier before they're unlocked.
    10-19-2018 08:18 AM
    Best Buy won't sell unlocked Pixels? Google needs lots of mall stores like Apple and Microsoft
    ZayMoney likes this.
    10-19-2018 08:35 AM
111 12345