Pixel 3 XL - Verizon Locked (Update: Blog Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcyphermd

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Re: Pixel 3 XL - Verizon Locked (Update: Blog Posting)

Received mine Thursday. Today a screen popped up saying it is no longer locked

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Carrier lock removed?

Got my XL128 about halfway setup the way I like it last night. Turned it off for the night and charged. This morning I received a system notification that "carrier lock removed." I just dismissed it. Anyone know what that's about? I got my phone from Verizon. Does it have anything to do with some of the stories I've seen about Verizon purchased phones being Sim locked for a certain number of hours?

Did you activate your Verizon SIM in the pixel and did younkeep it in there overnight?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

So just to summarize from everyone's experience.

"You still need to activate on Verizon first and then it gets sim unlocked automatically overnight. It won't sim unlock without activating on Verizon first."

Is this correct?

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

"You still need to activate on Verizon first and then it gets sim unlocked automatically overnight. It won't sim unlock without activating on Verizon first."

Is this correct?

I need clarification if I just need to activate it and I can pop the sim out or do I need to leave it in until the overnight period is over? I have a buddy that has Verizon so I can use his sim

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Carrier lock removed

It was a non issue for me as I'm with Verizon and not going anywhere, but having Best Buy Rewards to apply and with the $100 gift card Best Buy was giving with the purchase of a Pixel 3 I was able to pay for the charging stand and the Google fabric case with no money out of pocket. Usually I only buy through Google but it just made sense to buy from Best Buy in this instance.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Best Buy won't sell unlocked Pixels? Google needs lots of mall stores like Apple and Microsoft

They've never sold the Google Store Pixel.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Is this correct?

Yes.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Yep. NBD.
The new because I was never interested in a pixel before. They never had a good screen before. I wasn't convinced that they had the best camera before. Now I am. I prefer the Huawei mate 20 Pro but you can't get one in America.
They've never sold the Google Store Pixel.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I need clarification if I just need to activate it and I can pop the sim out or do I need to leave it in until the overnight period is over? I have a buddy that has Verizon so I can use his sim

If you buy it from Best Buy or Verizon, it'll have a Verizon SIM and be tied to a Verizon line. I don't think either of them will sell it to you without first being a Verizon customer.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The new because I was never interested in a pixel before. They never had a good screen before. I wasn't convinced that they had the best camera before. Now I am. I prefer the Huawei mate 20 Pro but you can't get one in America.

Don't know why it took you three years to realize that Google's Pixel has the best camera of that generation of phone.

And it's not like that Huawei works on Verizon. If you really wanted that phone, you could get it and your precious legacy Verizon unlimited plan would be irrelevant.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I think he already got the phone based on his OP post and he just got it yesterday by paying full. He is now trying to see how he can sim unlock since he is not a Verizon costumer.
If you buy it from Best Buy or Verizon, it'll have a Verizon SIM and be tied to a Verizon line. I don't think either of them will sell it to you without first being a Verizon customer.

mnowak1228

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Best Buy won't sell unlocked Pixels? Google needs lots of mall stores like Apple and Microsoft

Ive gotten to know a "friend of a friend" who works in the Google marketing dept and they have already had meetings on opening their own stores. They started with the pop ups and wanted to see how that went first. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next few years you see this become a reality. Google is doing some HUGE THINGS right now with their software and AI. Once more advertising and consumer awareness campaigns pick up Google will have more incentive to open up some B&M stores. I think right now Google's resources are being used up in development and they rely on us, the buyers and fans, to spread the word.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

False, I bought one yesterday outright and ended up returning it because I ran into the 'device is locked" issue

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

I think he already got the phone based on his OP post and he just got it yesterday by paying full. He is now trying to see how he can sim unlock since he is not a Verizon costumer.

What do you mean by "OP" post

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Ive gotten to know a "friend of a friend" who works in the Google marketing dept and they have already had meetings on opening their own stores. They started with the pop ups and wanted to see how that went first. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next few years you see this become a reality. Google is doing some HUGE THINGS right now with their software and AI. Once more advertising and consumer awareness campaigns pick up Google will have more incentive to open up some B&M stores. I think right now Google's resources are being used up in development and they rely on us, the buyers and fans, to spread the word.

I'll believe it when Google sells more Pixels. I believe the current line is "Apple sold more iPhones in a week than Google sold Pixels in a year".

Status
Not open for further replies.