Does anyone recall what kind of sale specials were put on the Pixel 2/2xl last year at & after launch? I'm debating pulling the trigger right away, or waiting a bit. (My wife would prefer I wait, but I don't want to wait months & months and not get a better deal...)

We're not looking for 2 phones, so the BOGO deals don't help. Looks like best right now is $150 gift card at Target, followed by $100 gift card at BestBuy. (We're on Verizon)
    10-18-2018 06:48 PM
    As the year ends and 2019 approaches, if previous year deals continue, you will see discounts of $100 when you buy from the Google Store.
    YAYTech likes this.
    10-18-2018 07:12 PM
    There is always gonna be somebody's new phone on down the road.
    But in-between then you miss out on the new phone that's out Now and what it does.

Technology don't wait. It advances.

Question is can you afford a new phone .

I save all the time for the next phone and I'm retired

Like new phones and what they offer.

It's a fever and hard to break.

That's why carriers offer trade in's

Good luck on your decision.

I'm weak, hard for me to hold out.
    Chex313 likes this.
    10-19-2018 09:18 AM
    Does anyone recall what kind of sale specials were put on the Pixel 2/2xl last year at & after launch?

Looks like best right now is $150 gift card at Target, followed by $100 gift card at BestBuy. (We're on Verizon)
    That's probably all you'll see going forward.. Fi might offer $100 billing credit at some point and the others will offer gift cards..

I doubt you are going to see any better deals than what you already see now ($100-$150 gift cards)

I could see Black Friday sales maybe offering gift card and a free pixel stand or Google home but I doubt you are going to see any mega deals or discounts..
    YAYTech likes this.
    10-19-2018 09:29 AM
    Your best deal may be BOGO and sell the freebie? That may be a pain though. Otherwise, launch deals tend to be very good, Black Friday may be the same to slightly better.

I'm thinking the Pixel stand may get thrown in for free down the road, but that is just a guess.
    10-19-2018 09:40 AM
    Does anyone recall what kind of sale specials were put on the Pixel 2/2xl last year at & after launch? I'm debating pulling the trigger right away, or waiting a bit. (My wife would prefer I wait, but I don't want to wait months & months and not get a better deal...)

We're not looking for 2 phones, so the BOGO deals don't help. Looks like best right now is $150 gift card at Target, followed by $100 gift card at BestBuy. (We're on Verizon)
    If you are willing to do bill credits over 24 months you might get a sweet deal from Verizon later this year. I got $300 off (over 24 months) on my 2xl last December. And the advantage of waiting is sometimes software and hardware bugs get ironed out. I.e. there isn't bad blue shift on my screen which was a problem on 2xls made months before mine.
    YAYTech likes this.
    10-19-2018 09:44 AM
    It's got to be tough sitting around and waiting.
    10-19-2018 09:49 AM
    Your best deal may be BOGO and sell the freebie? That may be a pain though. Otherwise, launch deals tend to be very good, Black Friday may be the same to slightly better.

I'm thinking the Pixel stand may get thrown in for free down the road, but that is just a guess.
    The BOGO is a terrible deal if you want to sell the free one.. You need to keep the free one on your account and active to get the credit. If you remove it from your account then the credit stops and you are responsible for payment.

The BOGO gives you $33.33 a month credit for the free Pixel 3 (non XL) phone. You need to keep it on your account and active @ the tune of $70 a month in service fees.. Cancel the line and you owe what's due on the free phone...

The only way you get that phone free is to keep it active for 24 months..

In a nutshell:

-Cancel the line after selling the free phone and you owe the full price
    -Keep the line active so you can continue getting the phone credit and you are paying $70 a month in service fees for the added line.

Lose, lose...
    YAYTech likes this.
    10-19-2018 10:03 AM
    The BOGO is a terrible deal if you want to sell the free one.. You need to keep the free one on your account and active to get the credit. If you remove it from your account then the credit stops and you are responsible for payment.

The BOGO gives you $33.33 a month credit for the free Pixel 3 (non XL) phone. You need to keep it on your account and active @ the tune of $70 a month in service fees.. Cancel the line and you owe what's due on the free phone...

The only way you get that phone free is to keep it active for 24 months..

In a nutshell:

-Cancel the line after selling the free phone and you owe the full price
    -Keep the line active so you can continue getting the phone credit and you are paying $70 a month in service fees for the added line.

Lose, lose...
    True enough. I forgot about all the commitments that you make. I did it, but it lined up exactly with my needs.
    10-19-2018 10:42 AM
    Here is my take, will there be discounts? For sure there will be either in some form of Google store credit or few accessories thrown in for free or something like that.
    But the torture I have to go thru waiting that long to buy the phone is not worth for me. Obviously not every one feels to buy the phone day one and if you are that then definitely you can expect some kind of deal (though small) during holidays.
    10-19-2018 11:06 AM
    Here is my take, will there be discounts? For sure there will be either in some form of Google store credit or few accessories thrown in for free or something like that.
    But the torture I have to go thru waiting that long to buy the phone is not worth for me. Obviously not every one feels to buy the phone day one and if you are that then definitely you can expect some kind of deal (though small) during holidays.
    haha, agreed. opportunity cost. I think they gave $100 store credit later on the year? i got a $50 credit for ordering now, so $50 for waiting 1 to 2 months isn't worth it for me. Plus i am selling my 2 xl, the longer i wait, the lower i can sell it for. it all comes out about equal to me. with the store credit, i have to find something else to buy, that means spend more money. i say buy it now and enjoy the pixel 3. this way you will have a great phone to take all those holiday pictures later.
    bhatech likes this.
    10-19-2018 01:47 PM
    Torture is right.

Just waiting in the release of the phone, then it to be delivered is really tough.
    It's terrible to have a fever.
    bhatech likes this.
    10-19-2018 02:13 PM
    I don't remember any good deals on the 2xl until the price drop 8 months after release.
    YAYTech likes this.
    10-19-2018 02:49 PM
    Thanks all. At this point I think I have today & tomorrow to get the Target deal, or I'll probably be stuck waiting. Unfortunately the nearest Target with a tech booth is a 320mile round trip drive. :P
    10-19-2018 03:33 PM
    There is always gonna be somebody's new phone on down the road.
    But in-between then you miss out on the new phone that's out Now and what it does.

Technology don't wait. It advances.

Question is can you afford a new phone .

I save all the time for the next phone and I'm retired

Like new phones and what they offer.

It's a fever and hard to break.

That's why carriers offer trade in's

Good luck on your decision.

I'm weak, hard for me to hold out.
    Being so close to Black Friday, I can understand the OP's concern.
    YAYTech likes this.
    10-19-2018 03:36 PM

Before they (all carriers) went bill credit/new line/BOGO crazy, the first gen Pixel went $10/mo, no bill credit, no new line require for Black Friday 2016 at Best Buy.

There wasn't a similar deal in 2017 though.
    10-19-2018 03:38 PM
    Being so close to Black Friday, I can understand the OP's concern.
    Yeah, though I also don't get my hopes up too high for black friday sales. Tends to be a few great deals (that often run out of stock) to lure people in to buying into common level deals. And on a really new device like the Pixels, I'm frankly expecting more in the common deals category.
    10-19-2018 03:39 PM
    Its $34 (or $38)for 24 months at 0%...That seems pretty affordable on any ones budget...
    10-19-2018 04:04 PM
    Thanks all. At this point I think I have today & tomorrow to get the Target deal, or I'll probably be stuck waiting. Unfortunately the nearest Target with a tech booth is a 320mile round trip drive. :P
    Man Please !

Gotta do what ya gotta do.
    10-19-2018 04:54 PM
    That Bill credit for a new line and phone number is not saving any money unless you have a Kid that need a phone.

Phone companies are getting tough with the deals they are putting out.
    10-19-2018 04:57 PM
    That Bill credit for a new line and phone number is not saving any money unless you have a Kid that need a phone.

Phone companies are getting tough with the deals they are putting out.
    I might've been able to make it work, basically giving up my old phone number for a new line, but my wife had zero interest in a new phone, and is still not thrilled with the idea of me buying a new pricey phone, even though my work justifies it. But, the happiness of a new phone doesn't outweigh the pain of an unhappy spouse... so I must wait and justify my purchase to keep everything in balance.

Did a factory reset on my Moto Z Force today to see if I can iron out a few bugs and feel better about waiting... so glad the backup to Google Drive makes *most* of the re-setup streamlined these days...
    10-19-2018 05:18 PM
    I've been waiting to see if T-Mobile does a promo. But it doesn't look like that's happening and I sure as hell don't expect much from Google so I guess I'm just going to have to either ride with my Pixel 2 or bite the bullet and get the 3 if I'm going to do it.

There's other phones out there that offer a hell of a lot more but just don't stand up in the camera department. I love my camera and I guess I'm willing to put up with some deficiencies in other areas to keep my camera.
    10-19-2018 05:46 PM
    But, the happiness of a new phone doesn't outweigh the pain of an unhappy spouse...
    Why I am single and will remain so.. I don't subscribe to the happy wife, happy life motto... I subscribe to the Happy me, happy life club..
    10-19-2018 05:56 PM