Pixel 3 XL Vibrations?

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey all.

Just picked up my pixel 3 XL. Really like it, but...

Anytime I play music or a video the back of the phone vibrates like crazy. Even at low volumes. It's not just at bass frequencies either.

It's rather strange and wondering if anyone else is noting this. I didnt have this issue on my 2 XL or note 9. My Apple iPhones never did this either.

I did see one article out there that mentioned it, so figured I'd see if anyone was being affected by this and thought it was a deal breaker.

Thanks.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes
Hey all.

Anytime I play music or a video the back of the phone vibrates like crazy. Even at low volumes. It's not just at bass frequencies either.

It's rather strange and wondering if anyone else is noting this. I didnt have this issue on my 2 XL or note 9. My Apple iPhones never did this either.

I did see one article out there that mentioned it, so figured I'd see if anyone was being affected by this and thought it was a deal breaker.

Thanks.
Yes it is a known issue. Personally it doesn't bother me. 95% of the time I have my Bluetooth headset on when I play music or videos. But it still is an issue that has already been in the news reports.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a source right now. I read it somewhere and Google replied saying due to the bass in the speakers it was causing the vibration and that it is fine.

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, mines do vibrate, but I also notice when playing a YouTube video, it sounds like it's in a hallway (slightly) or slight echo.

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I’m not sure what I’m gonna do. Also have some slight speaker distortion when playing certain sounds like message alerts and stuff. I’m really bummed. I don’t want to go back to the Note 9 because I hate Samsung’s slow pace with updates and their skin overlay, but this is fairly disappointing on a $1000 phone.

marcocb8

Apr 30, 2018
Visit site
Today I showed the issue to some of my co-workers and they didn't think the distortion was a big deal.
I guess we are more picky then most people, I still think that for almost $1000 it should not have this issue. I am gonna try it for a few days and see if I can live with it. I like the phone and I don't really want to go back to the 2XL anymore.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey all.

Thanks.

This could be an issue if you use a case or a mount etc. All those vibrations WILL put wear on the phone believe me. Especially with that glass back...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
my pix 3xl is loud and clear but u do feel slight vibration on the back but nothing to be concerned only when it's Max vloume

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234