Get a bad accessory?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone get a bad accessory for their new phone? Meaning it is what it's supposed to be but you jest really can't suggest it to anyone else?

If you did please share!

I got a couple packs of SuperShieldz Tempered glass #D screen protectors. I honestly thought they looked and felt nice. I've used Tempered glass before, but once these were on, the touch response was mushy. I seemed to need to press twice as hard to get a response from my device. I emailed CS about a refund (I bought 2 packages of 2 protectors) hoping to at least get a refund on one of them. I can understand not getting one for both, as I used both protectors. At first, I thought the one I used was just a bad piece, so I ripped it off and applied the other. When the feeling didn't change, I was like, 'Yup.....don't like these'.

SmoovC

Oct 11, 2018
Visit site
IQ Tempered Ballistic Glass Screen Protector: item #IQ-IM1598 from Amazon. Edge adhesive only, does not lay flat, touch senstitivity is horrible and makes that damn clickity clack sound. Appears to be sold under many different names, but they all look the same. DO NOT BUY.

Verizon Screen Protector (not the Zagg model): lays flat, but hangs over the screen so it has edges that do not adhere fully. Looks as though Verizon has removed it from their website as of this morning. Again, DO NOT BUY.

Last edited:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
IQ Tempered Tempered Ballistic Glass Screen Protector: item #IQ-IM1598 from Amazon. Edge adhesive only, does not lay flat, touch senstitivity is horrible and makes that damn clickity clack sound. Appears to be sold under many different names, but they all look the same. DO NOT BUY.

Verizon Screen Protector (not the Zagg model): lays flat, but hangs over the screen so it has edges that do not adhere fully. Looks as though Verizon has removed it from their website as of this morning. Again, DO NOT BUY.

Have you tried the Zagg model?

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yup the temper glass screen protector I got is pretty bad. it's misaligned when i put it on, it's not straight like it is in the picture on the product page. it also doesn't even cover all the display like it is shown. i already requested for a return and will be sending it back once i got the new one. included a link below. I would avoid it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6372973

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I got a couple of tempered glass screen protectors that weren't compatible with my OtterBox Defender case. I picked up a LifeProof Next case and now they actually work as intended. Don't get the OtterBox Defender if you want tempered glass screen protectors.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a couple of tempered glass screen protectors that weren't compatible with my OtterBox Defender case. I picked up a LifeProof Next case and now they actually work as intended. Don't get the OtterBox Defender if you want tempered glass screen protectors.

Isn't the Defender the one with the built in protector? Or do they have different variants now?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Isn't the Defender the one with the built in protector? Or do they have different variants now?

They don't have the cheap screen protector on the Defender anymore, thankfully. The tempered glass screen protectors almost go to the edge of the display and the bottom of the Defender case has a lip that almost touches the bottom speaker. It covers the screen protector and creates bubbles.