Android Auto

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any issues connecting to Android Auto with your Pixel 3? I was able to connect initially but it kept disconnecting and dropping the display. After a few times doing that it just stopped working all together. I uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent app updates and nothing changes. Suggestions? Was working just fine with my Pixel 2.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any issues connecting to Android Auto with your Pixel 3? I was able to connect initially but it kept disconnecting and dropping the display. After a few times doing that it just stopped working all together. I uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent app updates and nothing changes. Suggestions? Was working just fine with my Pixel 2.

I had the same issue. I deleted the Pixel 3 from my cars saved devices and then reconnected it. That seem to fix the issue for me.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
My phone wouldn't connect to my truck until I restarted but since then I've had no connection issues with Bluetooth or Android auto.

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Android Auto has always been a little funky.
I used it with my 2015 Accord just before turning it in and now with my 2018 Accord.
First with my 6P and now with my 2xl (waiting on my 3xl next week).
Every once in a while it disconnects randomly or some other flaky thing, but it's rare.
Before a long trip I'll reboot my phone and I never have a problem.
Again, it's rare and it is one of my favorite phone related things.
I love the hands free aspect of navigation, phone calls, text messaging and on a recent trip I actually streamed play music as I was in my wifes CRV that doesn't have xm and finding radio stations as you go state to state is an effing hassle.
Also use mlb at bat over android auto. Very cool stuff.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
No problems at all with my 2018 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK (say that 3 times fast - LOL) that has an Alpine i207 WRA in it...

Connected 1st try and solid so far...

As far as suggestions.. Try uninstalling and reinstalling AA and remove BT pairing from the head unit and try again...

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a few questions for you. Have you used Android Auto with other phones before Pixel 3? What cable are you using?

Just a long shot but maybe you should get a better cable. I had the exact same issue with Pixel 2 XL when I was using the original Pixel cable. Then I purchased Anker cable from Amazon and since then it has been working like a charm - with Pixel 3 XL as well.

Anker [2-Pack 6ft] Premium Double-Braided Nylon USB-C to USB-A 2.0 Cable, for Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/S8/S8+/Note 8, LG V20/G5/G6, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC5PPF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6373282

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
It’s not only android auto being flaky but CarPlay I have my more than common fair share of disconnects and freezing

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the same experience as prakash99.

The OEM Google cable didn't work nearly as well as the Anker replacement cable. (P2XL with 2018 Chevy Bolt).

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
2017 Malibu here... Having an issue where when Waze notifies me of something, and I just have the radio on, it changes my audio source to Bluetooth. So then I have to navigate to my audio source to change the source back to the radio. Never had that issue before. I may just have to turn Waze audio off.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a few questions for you. Have you used Android Auto with other phones before Pixel 3? What cable are you using?

Just a long shot but maybe you should get a better cable. I had the exact same issue with Pixel 2 XL when I was using the original Pixel cable. Then I purchased Anker cable from Amazon and since then it has been working like a charm - with Pixel 3 XL as well.

Anker [2-Pack 6ft] Premium Double-Braided Nylon USB-C to USB-A 2.0 Cable, for Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/S8/S8+/Note 8, LG V20/G5/G6, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC5PPF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6373368

Those are the same cables I use as well....

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
That seemed to do the trick for me too. I have to remember I don't need to add it as a Bluetooth device separately, the software just does it. I think it was a conflict. Thanks.

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The cable wasn't the issue. It's a direct from Google USB A to C and as I posted I had no issues with the Pixel 2. This issue has been resolved for me.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
The cable wasn't the issue. It's a direct from Google USB A to C and as I posted I had no issues with the Pixel 2. This issue has been resolved for me.
Glad to know that your issue has been resolved even with Google's OEM cable, which was not working for me. However, I lost you when you said "That did the trick for me"... How did you resolve the problem?

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I am not having any issues on my Pixel 3XL. I had been having issues on my Pixel 2 XL which was corrected with a new A to C cable from Google. The one I had been using was from the OG Pixel and was kinda loose.

2016 Chevy Spark.

jmac0731

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm having Android Auto issues too with my Pixel 3. I previously used a Nexus 5x and Pixel without issue.

What are the settings y'all are using for driving mode?

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Anker [2-Pack 6ft] Premium Double-Braided Nylon USB-C to USB-A 2.0 Cable, for Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/S8/S8+/Note 8, LG V20/G5/G6, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC5PPF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6377071

Ditto for me (Audi)

NokFromApp

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
i have used the original Pixel and then the Pixel 2 on Android Auto without issue. Pixel 3 is a different story though. While the operation has been smooth, the volume control now defaults to 'Voice guidance' when using AA (most of the times), even if I am not stop using navigation. That's bothersome because i am not able adjust the volume on the music. Never happened on the Pixel or the Pixel 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC