Hi,

My daughter and her husband each picked up new Pixel 3s. It's a great phone. Very fast and spectacular pictures.

They've seen a couple of features that they saw on my Note 9 that they'd like to also do but I wasn't able to quickly help them.

1. Trusted places and devices. On my Note 9 I have set up my home and office as trusted places so the phone doesn't lock. I've also set my car as a trusted device. What are the menu options to get trusted places and devices set up?

2. Always on display. On my Note 9 I have turned on the always on display. They have turned it on also. However, they'd like to customize the clock and colors displayed on the always on display but can figure out how to do that. Can you give me the steps to change the look and feel of the always on display.

Thanks for your help.
    10-19-2018 10:58 AM
    Not sure on #2 but for #1 just go into Security and from there you can do Trusted Places / Devices / Etc.
    TabGuy likes this.
    10-19-2018 10:59 AM
    On Pixel, #2 is not possible. At least out of the box there is no way to customize the always on display. You can either turn it on or off but can't customize it.
    TabGuy and Almeuit like this.
    10-19-2018 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the quick replies, much appreciated.
    10-19-2018 11:21 AM
    trusted places has never worked for me starting with my Galaxy s5 then 6p then Pixel 2 and now the Pixel3. One behavior change I noticed that was on my P2 any new connection like a BT device i would be prompted if I wanted to add it as a trusted device. Setting up my P3 yesterday I got no such prompts. I had to manually add them. IE car stereo and watch. I will say that as I write this it is working with my watch.
    10-19-2018 01:19 PM
    Trusted places works only part time on my P2. Frequently, perhaps 50% of the time it does not. i have my home, and neighboring houses set which helped by using close by places but still not perfect everytime. Frequently asks for my code and co-incidently the fingerprint sometimes won't work lately so that's a code input. But guess that's another thread.
    I'm hoping the P3's have some of these bugs ironed out
    10-19-2018 01:37 PM