anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
For the last few days I've been using the Pixel 3 XL - white 64GB. There were many things I liked about it, the size wasn't one of them. I am returning the phone and as soon as the credit appears on my card I'll return to plan A - Black 64 GB unlocked Pixel 3.

This is my story, your story may vary.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Coming from a 2 XL, i definitely appreciate using a smaller size phone again with the 3. I really don't miss the bigger screen that much. I think I miss already is the bigger battery. My 2 XL battery was awesome. I am actually getting a wireless charger to use at work now.

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
For the last few days I've been using the Pixel 3 XL - white 64GB. There were many things I liked about it, the size wasn't one of them. I am returning the phone and as soon as the credit appears on my card I'll return to plan A - Black 64 GB unlocked Pixel 3.

Totally agree. I had the 2 xl. Just got my 3 and the size is amazing now that the screen is much larger and lack of bezels.

One hand use for the win.

Now I have to get faster at texying one handed.

Last edited:

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure far more people would be happy with the XL models if Google bothered to add One Handed Mode like most other manufacturers. It still baffles me that they haven't

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Never been a fan of the ginormous phones and always get the smaller version of everything.. Pixel, iPhone, Samsung S series, ect and love the Xperia Compact line as well....

The Pixel 3 has a large screen in a compact'ish size.. Win, win!

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure far more people would be happy with the XL models if Google bothered to add One Handed Mode like most other manufacturers. It still baffles me that they haven't

Disagreed. It has one hand for the keyboard but holding a giant phone one handed just isn't comfortable. Plus when I go running the bigger phones suck. They bounce harder in workout shorts.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Also ordered the 3 instead of XL, my iPhone 7+ As a phone is too big (and I got pretty big hands) and the overall form factor coupled with no notch make it a preferred choice

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Just wait. Google will probably put it into AOSP in the next year or so and all the Google/Nexus/Pixel fans will love it like OEMs didn't already include it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Just wait. Google will probably put it into AOSP in the next year or so and all the Google/Nexus/Pixel fans will love it like OEMs didn't already include it.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Disagreed. It has one hand for the keyboard but holding a giant phone one handed just isn't comfortable. Plus when I go running the bigger phones suck. They bounce harder in workout shorts.

That I totally get. Right now I have a second smaller phone that I use just for running.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I got a 3 and a 3 XL, while I prefer the XL, I was surprised by the 3 and can see why folks are happy with it. It is good to have choices.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Wasn't the P3 your original choice anyway?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I agree. I would like a one-handed mode similar to iPhone's take on it.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I know I'll like smaller Pixel, been using a P2 for the last year. I am going to order the special NCPA model in black.
(NCPA = No Cat Pictures Allowed - :D)

Well I'm still on mine yet. I think I'll wait and see if either Google tries a fix like last year or maybe wait a bit and try a replacement. What I wish is that I was closer to another Pixel 3 to see if my red/pink shift is typical or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08