power button

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having tactile issues with their power button? I've swapped once and the replacement even has horrible power button tactile response I have to push super hard on the button .

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Only tested out a couple at Best Buy and Verizon, but I definitely had trouble with the feel of the power button while testing out the double-click camera shortcut (couldn't get to camera reliably because of this)

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
before and after the case it's just hard to push almost like you have to push the button in over 3 quarters of the way before it even starts registering and with a case it's even harder . i may have to do another exchange.. just kinda bugs me for the price I'm paying and I have to deal with this . I'm still a die hard pixel fan but this is just a little frustrating .

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Only tested out a couple at Best Buy and Verizon, but I definitely had trouble with the feel of the power button while testing out the double-click camera shortcut (couldn't get to camera reliably because of this)

Just tested my Pixel 3 XL 128 while it is safely ensconced in my Google Fabric "Fog" case with the teal colored power button. A dozen tests double-clicking the power button and the camera comes up every time and everything works flawlessly. It feels to me that just the right amount of pressure is required and the clickiness feels good. And this test was all done while in a Google brand case!

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I got my hands on a 3 and a 3XL at Best Buy and noticed that the power button on the 3 had really bad tactile feel. The 3XL had a really nice power button.

It's too bad that I preferred the size of the 3 and found the notch to be terribly ugly.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I got my hands on a 3 and a 3XL at Best Buy and noticed that the power button on the 3 had really bad tactile feel. The 3XL had a really nice power button.

It's too bad that I preferred the size of the 3 and found the notch to be terribly ugly.

I tried using the notch the first day and the second day I used the option to turn the notch off. Right now my preference is for no notch.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
got my P3XL from Google. no issues. picked up case from Best buy and played with P3 and had to push the power button hard to wake up the phone. I thought it was an result of being a display model until I read this forum. Super happy that mine is performing flawlessly.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I noticed, on the XL I had, the button required more pressure than the P2. Figured it was me, maybe it wasn't. Will check this out on the P3 I have coming to replace the XL.

Thanks for the "heads up"

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Mike! I tried the Nacho app and I didn't like the inconsistency. I went back to the built-in option. I much prefer how the built-in option maintains the symmetry that I was used to with my 2 XL screen.

Have you tried both and what do you think?

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey Mike! I tried the Nacho app and I didn't like the inconsistency. I went back to the built-in option. I much prefer how the built-in option maintains the symmetry that I was used to with my 2 XL screen.

Have you tried both and what do you think?

Curious, when you use the system option to disable the notch, which move notifications/status icons down, does it eliminate the limitations on how many icons can be displayed? Example: Can you get 4 separate notification icons or will it show the limited 2 notifications + a 'more' icon, like it would with the notch? TIA

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Curious, when you use the system option to disable the notch, which move notifications/status icons down, does it eliminate the limitations on how many icons can be displayed? Example: Can you get 4 separate notification icons or will it show the limited 2 notifications + a 'more' icon, like it would with the notch? TIA

It works the same way as notifications always did. You essentially have the same screen you had with the 2 XL in every way. There is, of course, much more room for notifications as there is no notch in the way. I seldom ever see the + 'more' icon. Of course you lose the screen real-estate that the notifications bar occupies, but right now I'm happy to give that up so that I don't have to see that dreaded notch.