Verizon Requires a New SIM from the Pixel 2?

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I spent a couple of hours configuring my Pixel 3XL this evening. I went to swap the SIM from my Pixel 2 and the new device/SIM combination wasn't recognized.

On the chat with Verizon they told me that the SIM from my 2XL wasn't compatible with the 3XL and that they'd need to send me a new SIM or pick one up from the Verizon store.

Anyone else have this experience?

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing happen and we're not alone. I swapped my Verizon Sim from my 2xl to my 3xl and it didn't recognize it. I then went to Verizon store and got a brand new Sim card and the same thing. No error message. Just didn't recognize. I called Google, which is where I got my 3xl from, and they had me do some troubleshooting and nothing. This was Thursday and yesterday I had them start the replacement process and I should have my new 3xl by Wednesday. Google manager told me that while there weren't a lot of instances like ours, there were some.
Also, I told manager how upset I was and that I deserved compensation for my inconvenience. She asked for and received for me a $50 credit for my Google store account. And just to be clear, not Google play store. It's already showing in my account and that means I'll have $100 after receiving the other promotional $50. Probably pick up the stand with that $.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
I spent a couple of hours configuring my Pixel 3XL this evening. I went to swap the SIM from my Pixel 2 and the new device/SIM combination wasn't recognized.

On the chat with Verizon they told me that the SIM from my 2XL wasn't compatible with the 3XL and that they'd need to send me a new SIM or pick one up from the Verizon store.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow.... That would suck, I'll find out later today. If that's the case, I might just return the phone. The changes are so incremental.

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Please let us know if you find a fix. I don't think you will as it seems to be a hardware issue. Except for the frustration of not having my new toy functional, I'm reasonably satisfied with the end result. And although the changes are not life shattering, I think they're worth it. Good luck to you.
Wow.... That would suck, I'll find out later today. If that's the case, I might just return the phone. The changes are so incremental.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
My 3XL came with a new sim. But before I turned it on I took that sim out. Then I turned my 2XL off and swapped the sims. Once the 3XL booted up everything was good to go. I've been using this same sim since I got the og Pixel.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Update: Instead of listening to what the Verizon said on the phone, I just tried putting the SIM in the new phone and.... it worked! So, false alarm thankfully.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That a Verizon store associate didn't know anything about cellphones? Only about since the time they switched the name to Verizon. They're sales people, they're qualified to sell things, not to give advice, but Verizon allows them to give all sorts of erroneous advice, and always has. (Independent Verizon stores - those not owned by Verizon - are usually better for things like that, and have been since Verizon started allowing independents to carry Verizon.)

Maybe I'm biased because I used to be an independent dealer - for everyone but Verizon. And, aside from the independent Verizon store in the next shopping center, I could answer most Verizon questions better than Verizon could - and so could any of my techs. (Yes, techs - they repaired phones. And when a customer came in to buy a phone and/or service, they'd be salesmen [and women] for a short time. I didn't need someone sitting there playing games until a customer walked in.)

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So, if I understand correctly, yesterday it didn't recognize the Sim card, but today it does?
Update: Instead of listening to what the Verizon said on the phone, I just tried putting the SIM in the new phone and.... it worked! So, false alarm thankfully.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49